Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebates Promo Code Removed by Blue Chip # + Corp ID

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Ebates Promo Code Removed by Blue Chip # + Corp ID

I am looking to make a quick trip over Mother's Day to BOI and was doing the travel research. Hertz, Dollar & Thrifty all have good rates for the weekend. In checking Ebates I realized I could save a bit more using them and booking with Thrifty.

I attempted to add my Blue Chip # once I got to the Thrifty reservation page; however, it would then remove the Promotion Code that was providing me an additional 7% off. While the difference for this short rental is only $2, it was still interesting that my Blue Chip # continued to override the Ebates discount code.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any other experience using Thrifty and the Ebates link?

I used a clean browser coming from Ebates and did not enter my Blue Chip # and made the reservation. Then went back in and modified the reservation and added my Blue Chip # as a Loyalty Program. My BC # now appears on my reservation; however, when I log into my BC account, the reservation does not appear. I also cannot manually add it to my BC account using the Reservation #.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Is there a CD# set up in your Blue Chip profile? If so, that may override the promo code (IIRC, you can't mix CDs and certain promo codes).

If you do not have a CD# in your profile, then I'm not sure what would be causing that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.