buying liquor at the airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.

Somewhat silly question but I'm going to be flying from BKK to Koh Samui and will be staying at the Conrad there (using Hilton miles as I could never afford to stay there myself ha). My question is: can I buy liquor at BKK duty free and take it on the plane to Koh Samui? I was hoping to save some money by not having to buy alcohol from the Conrad for five days as that will get very expensive quickly. And being that all the rooms at the Conrad are villas I could make my own drinks in my room and enjoy on by the room's pool. Alternatively, is there somewhere to buy alcohol at Koh Samui's airport? Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The rule used to be: if the duty free purchase was within the last 24 hours witht he receipt in the bag it was allowed by domestic security. On a direct Int-Dom transfer it's definitely allowed.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:30 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
If you buy the duty free, you MUST have them put it in the seal-able bag with the red security strip. Tell them you're flying after and they'll seal it up for you. You can carry on the bottle past security at that point.

As for alcohol in Samui, if you're drinking a standard type, just buy your bottles from 7-11.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.