Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BKK: Suvarnabhumi Premium-- New FAST TRACK for premium pax of all airlines

BKK: Suvarnabhumi Premium-- New FAST TRACK for premium pax of all airlines

Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thumbs up BKK: Suvarnabhumi Premium-- New FAST TRACK for premium pax of all airlines

The question of whether Thai Airways passengers in First and Business Class have access to Fast Track immigration channels at Suvarnabhumi has been perenially unclear. The experiences described in the TG forum vary widely. The TG.com website suggests so. F pax seem to get it, though some need to request it. F pax get the diplomatic channel on the right side of the main immigration areas. J pax haven't been feeling the love lately.

So imagine my surprise today when the IFS on SQ 976 passed out "Suvarnabhumi Premium" passes to everyone in First Class and, he said, everyone in Business too. Ours in First had a "First Class" legend on it, in addition to a "Thailand Elite" logo and lots of nice imagery, including a golden sculpture making a very welcoming wai. The IFS agreed that people had been asking for these for a long time, and they are a welcome new thing. Based on what he said, it appears that these passes are available to all airlines interested in participating.

I'm not sure when it started. I believe this is the first report on FT, at least the forums I frequent. It was not available when I arrived in late August (J from SIN), and nothing was available at Suvarnabhumi when I arrived in late November (hence the diversion to UTP). So I could only hazard a guess that it started within the last couple of months, perhaps very very recently.

The Suvarnabhumi Premium area is a whole separate area, totally different from the East and West immigration halls guarded by the monkey warriors. You kind of have to look for it, like most things at BKK. It's near the main crew channel and some official/diplomatic channels. There is an overhead sign reading "Suvarnabhumi Premium," and there's a funny little cave-like passageway that opens into the area-- nothing like the huge ramps between the monkey warriors. Once inside the SP zone, there are desks with SP logos on them, with CIP/Business Class desks on the right, dedicated First Class desks just left of center, and Thailand Elite, Diplomatic, and Air Crew desks farther to the left.

The only thing that's wierd about getting to the SP zone is that, I think, it's a bit of a hike from where the travellators stop. You know, the ones that end right in the duty free shops beneath the monkey warriors? The little cave passage way is a hike from that. And I think it's right in the middle of a long travellator that goes from one monkey warrior to the other. But, hey, we can't ask for everything.

For folks who wanted to Fast Track immigration when arriving in F/J on non-TG flights or J on TG flights, wait no more. You now have dedicated channels. Your wait at immigration will be shorter. Your wait at baggage claim will be longer.

N.B. If you don't get a card authorizing you to use Suvarnabhumi Premium channels on your next premium-class arrival, ask your FA for one to encourage your airline to participate. (I have no idea if all, most, or few are participating.)
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Interesting development. I came in on LH in F last Monday and was met at the end of the jetbridge and taken to the diplomatic channel so the "Suvarnabhumi Premium" channel is either very new or LH is not participating. Look forward to more reports.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:16 pm

as the originator of the 'petition' thread, I'm interested...

I've stopped flying TG recently, but fly Qatar business class and have paid for the meet-and-greet service from Fasttrack Thailand (which is ok).

I can't imagine all airlines (least of all TG), paying for this service for it's business class passengers. First, maybe. But for airlines with 'real' customer service - like SQ - I guess it's a possibility.

I'll see if I'm offered this premium service tomorrow morning, arriving from DOH on QR.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I can also confirm this. Flew in on SQ 631 from NRT on Monday in C and was given the pass for the Fast Track. Didn't need it however because the flight was maybe 1/3 full in C, and I think about the same in Y. The airport was very empty.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Your wait at immigration will be shorter. Your wait at baggage claim will be longer.
^

obviously very handy if you travel handluggage only
Old Dec 17, 2008, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by sebastian746
^

obviously very handy if you travel handluggage only
True true. Didn't even think of that. I mean, my shoes can't fit in handcarry luggage, nevermind my wine subject to the LAG restrictions.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:41 pm

Flew in on QR yesterday morning (business class) - NO passes were issued for the new fast track service. So don't expect it, unless your airline pays for it.

However... I'd already pre-booked meet/greet service from www.fasttrack.in.th - who charged 2,500 baht for fast-track and a limo into town (well, the AOT toyota camry). Weirdly though, they used the CIP fast-track coupon to get me through the new fast track area, and handed me the 1,000 baht coupon to use in the King Power duty free! So basically, the fast track service plus car into town was 1,500 baht. That's good.

As for the fast-track area....

Signs clearly say it's for First Class passengers, AND passengers who hold the CIP coupon for Fast Track. Not for business class passengers who are coupon-less.

So be warned... don't go heading there thinking you'll get through. It also seems this is now the area for Diplomatic entry, so I think there's no chance (unlike before) that you might be able to sneak in through the Diplomatic lane if the normal immigration lines looked long.

Last edited by moocherx; Dec 18, 2008 at 8:53 pm
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Greetings from the TG Royal Silk Lounge in Concourse D.

Suvarnabhumi Premium applies for departing pax as well, provided you are issued a pass to use it. Mr. Megatop and I had one, and we used a dedicated Suvarnabhumi Premium departing Immigration channel separate and apart from the one I understand TG operates. The Suvarnabhumi Premium area was marked with the same logos as the arrivals area, and it is also located in the middle (as between east and west) of the departures hall.

As a nice little bonus, the end of the pass with the "Thailand Elite" logo upon arrival is currently replaced by a King Power 1000-baht coupon for departures, redeemable if you spend more than 5000 baht at the duty free shops. Mr. Megatop and I did, so we got a nice little 2000 baht from the program.

Swiss participates in it. We're departing on LX 182 soon.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I'm in the TG Royal Silk lounge right now, flying out on NH in C. I was NOT issued a fast track pass, but was on SQ when flying in. YMMV.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:29 am

I double-checked with Qatar Airways yesterday - they even phoned the airport to ask about the fast-track on arrival. They definitely don't do it - although I was told they can put a note on your booking to be met on arrival. Don't know if that's a good idea... if everyone did it.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
As suggested by superscot LH does not seem to be participating. Arrived in C last Wednesday but definitely no pass. On the other hand immigration was very quiet and I actually had to wait for my luggage with a priority tag.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 4:02 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Got one today departing on SQ in C.

A very nice perk!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:58 am

Update to my QR comment.

When I checked in last night at BKK, the two people checking me in saw the 1,000 baht coupon I still had in my ticket wallet. They were having a conversation in Thai about it which I understood.

So I said "it's too bad QR aren't giving this to business class passengers. I paid for this with an arrival service last week".

They then told me that the coupons are now in the QR office in the airport and they WILL be given to business class passengers on arrival.

I'm still not sure... I'll call before my next flight, and if they're not sounding 100% sure, I'll pay fasttrack.in.th for the service.

Side note: departing immigration last night was empty. I mean literally empty. I had a choice of 3 empty desks to go to. It was a difficult decision.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:51 am

Returning to Thailand via UA F on Jan 2. Anybody know if UA is participating?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

When Mr. Megatop and I flew in Monday Dec. 29th on LX 183 from SIN, no Suvarnabhumi Premium passes were distributed on board to J pax. We asked, and the crew had no idea what we were talking about. The rollout seems to be a long slow process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.