Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)

Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
I'm sorry for asking the similar questions again as I ask on behalf of my friend.

Let's say if he / she flying CX into BKK & staying approximately 24 hours & taking another CX flight out. Or flying SQ into BKK & staying approximately 24 hours & taking another SQ flight out.

If he / she arrive by CX (Marco Polo Silver) / SQ (PPS Solitarie), can they stay at the CX / SQ lounge at the Suvarnabhumi Airport until the lounge close at night? Provide they have the onward connecting flight boarding pass on the next day. Does anyone know what time is the CX / SQ lounge will close?

After the CX / SQ lounge closed, I believe he / she will look for a seat & sleep at the airport till the next day morning so that he / she will continuing entering CX / SQ lounge again, Does anyone know what time is the CX / SQ lounge will open?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
In case it's useful, my photo trip report of the Novotel BKK here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=28
Old Apr 8, 2008, 4:13 pm

Convenient Resort

Am at the Convenient Resort near the Bangkok International Airport right now. Perfectly adequate for about $25 a nite. They have two nice computers near the front desk and the rate for internet access is cheap. They only give you one towell. And the fee for transport to the airport is reasonable. Clean and adequate. Not overpriced like the Novetel.

Cab from the airport to hotel should be about 150 baht.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:58 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Would you please provide address/phone/email information on the Convenient Resort. A web link to a map would be great, too, as well as landmarks (major streets, Big C, whatever).
Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
My partner's nephew likes the Queen's Garden Resort which claims to be 5 minutes away.

Available through www.wotif.com
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:50 am
rjh

Hotels just to the north of BKK

Ok, more information about near by BKK hotels is becoming available so I've updated the map and also partially corrected some inexact place marks.

Three just to the north seem especially convenient:
  • Convenient
  • Queen's Garden
  • Flora Shire

Here's another map of the general area.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:47 am
rjh

Any recent reports for lower end places that don't show up on the Asiatravel site, including whether they:
  • offer free or paid airport transfer
    • one way or round trip
  • offer free breakfast
  • aren't subject to aircraft noise
  • have a bar that's open late?

or any other observations worth relating?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
How about you take a look here ... ?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:39 pm
rjh

Originally Posted by olisch
How about you take a look here ... ?
Thanks. All of those and a few more are on the Asiatravel site with full details. I was looking for more of the Sanawan Palace class (200-500B) that people may have uncovered.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:31 pm

Convenient Resort

Stayed at the Convenient Resort after arriving in BKK late. Found it was quite adequate at about $21 a night U.S. While it is close to the airport runways, the way the freeways are laid out it is about a 10 minute taxi ride away from the arrival building.

Internet in the lobby. Air conditioning in the rooms (fairly rudimentary). They will serve you breakfast early on an outdoor terrace.

Much better value than the overpriced Novetal in the airport complex. Available to book on Agoda.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by rjh
Any recent reports for lower end places that don't show up on the Asiatravel site, including whether they:
  • offer free or paid airport transfer
    • one way or round trip
  • offer free breakfast
  • aren't subject to aircraft noise
  • have a bar that's open late?

or any other observations worth relating?
Why would anyone want a hotel near the airport and then complain about airport noise?

Breakfast in some places is only around a dollar US in town, maybe all the way up to $3 in a more posh place!

This hotel is supposed to be close to the airport. Never been there.
http://siamairportmotel.com/

This too:
http://www.queensgardenresort.net/ch...t-bangkok.html

My advice is to simply stay in Bangkok for a few days instead of just immediately flying out to some other location. This make it a little easier. Some of the places that are supposed to be close to the airport are not that easy for the taxi to find. If this "out of the way" hotel provides a ride that might speed things up.

I stay in Bangkok the first night I arrive in Thailand and the last night before I fly out again. So many tourists want to just blow off Bangkok that they create more problems for themselves. This comes up on many travel forums for Thailand. Some travelers don't even have the correct airport for their flight to other locations in Thailand. Don Muang ALSO has flights that go to other cities in Thailand. Don Muang is clear over on the opposite side of Bangkok!

Some travelers want a hotel near the airport and then they shell out taxi money to get into town and back again. Stay in the city and walk to many places! Stay in the city the last night before your flight home. The taxi ride into the airport early in the morning is around a half hour.

Happy new year.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:56 pm
rjh

Originally Posted by Sirhalberd
Why would anyone want a hotel near the airport and then complain about airport noise?
Uhh, because I want to sleep a bit? For example, the Airport Suite (formerly Comfort Suites) by Don Muang is right under the flight path and, therefore, pretty noisy. The Xen Suites (formerly Quality Suites) isn't and is, as one might expect, less noisy.

I didn't think I had to explain about the convenience of having breakfast at the hotel. When it's free that means one doesn't have to screw around and wait for the bill, pay, all of that.

I'm actually pretty familiar with Bangkok and the relevant strategies, so I was really just looking for just what I said. Thanks anyway for your reply, which is obviously meant to be helpful.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:15 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I missed the last PG flight to HKT last month. I booked a Bangkok hotel and then went to change my flight.

The PG agent told me that I could have asked them to make the reservation for me in the Novotel, as they have a corporate rate.

So if you need the Novotel, it can't hurt to ask your carrier.

Also good to note that the Ibis Huamark has now been rebranded an All Seasons Hotel
http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-62...rk/index.shtml
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:22 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I missed the last PG flight to HKT last month. I booked a Bangkok hotel and then went to change my flight.

The PG agent told me that I could have asked them to make the reservation for me in the Novotel, as they have a corporate rate.
Do you happen to know what the rate is?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:12 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I'll be through BKK later this month again. I'll try to remember to ask at a few of the airline counters. With so many airlines using BKK, there'll likely be a big range of Novotel rates.

I have the Accor discount card and the Huamark hotel (ex-Ibis) is coming up as low at THB382++ a price you just cannot beat. Without the discount it looks to be THB450++
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...rk/index.shtml

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.