Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 22, 06, 3:32 pm   #1

Minimal Transit Time International to Domestic

Hi,
I am flying into the New airport in Bangkok on the 29th of December with QANTAS from London and I arrive at 1555. I then have a domestic flight with Bangkok Air to Phuket which is scheduled to depart at 1730. That gives me roughly 1 hour and 35 minutes to collect my luggage, clear immagration, make my way to domestic terminal and check in. Do you think i will be really pushing it???

Regards Mick

P.s. I am new to the forum....and love it so far!
mugway05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 06, 9:29 pm   #2

I'd say that is a tight connection given all of the variables (arriving gate location, immigration queue, wait for baggage). Bangkok Airways requires passengers to check-in 45 minutes prior to departure. Also you will have to be bussed to the plane.

FWIW there is no separate domestic terminal per se. (There is a domestic concourse.) You will exit Customs at level two. Look for an elevator, or escalators, and proceed up to level four, check-in row F, for Bangkok Airways.
transpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 06, 7:32 am   #3

Programs: US, UA
having transited BKK baggage 3 times in the past weeks, be aware of the time it takes them to get bags from plane to carousel. i took SQ int'l and domestics (Nok/AirAsia) -- none took less than 20-30mins for the bags to appear AFTER i had already walked to the baggage area.
chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 06, 8:38 am   #4

I am getting ready to make reservations for our internal Bangkok flights in January/February.

The first leg will be to Phuket. How much time should I allow for the transfer from our Hong Kong flight on CX to our internal flight on Thai Air? Will 3 hours be enough or should I plan on 4? Also, time needed for transfers on internal flights? Our second leg is Phuket - Bangkok- Chiang Mai.

Thanks,
MadForMiles
MADFORMILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 06, 12:11 pm   #5

Cheers Guys thanks for the advise. Hopefully i will make it. Fingers crossed hey. I have just checked the departure times for Bangkok air for my same flight for the last 3 days and each flight has been delayed. 1 by 82 minutes. So I am actually hoping this happens for me for a change haha.
mugway05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 06, 2:53 pm   #6

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Transfer to Ko Samui

I am travelling CPH - BKK - (SAS) and BKK - Ko Samui (with Bangkokair) 22.feb. Is it possible to check the luggage all the way to Ko samui and clear customs/immigration at the Ko Samui airport?
3tflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 06, 5:05 am   #7

Programs: BA BD SA
FWIW Bangkok Airways stipulates a minimum transfer time for International to Domestic of 2 hours.

And you're right about the appalling record of delays on some of their flights. In the light of what I saw on FlightStats I decided to change my itinerary to make an easier connection to a boat transfer in Phuket.
Cheetah_SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 07, 3:13 pm   #8

Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
FWIW Bangkok Airways stipulates a minimum transfer time for International to Domestic of 2 hours.

And you're right about the appalling record of delays on some of their flights. In the light of what I saw on FlightStats I decided to change my itinerary to make an easier connection to a boat transfer in Phuket.
be sure to join the Bangkok Airways frequent flyer scheme to get an extra 10kg of hold baggage

http://flyerbonus.bangkokair.com/ffp/index_en.aspx
gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 07, 4:00 pm   #9

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
sas will check ur luggage through to samui. not sure about where u clear immigration.

http://www.bangkokair.com/before/

ian.
iancanton is offline   Reply With Quote