Reload this Page >

Recommend a Hair Salon in BKK?

Old Nov 6, 2006, 2:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+

Anyone got a good / regular haircut experience to report?

Perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:26 pm

Beauty salons are ubiquitous all over town, one of the biggest ambitions for many women is to run their own salon. Most are excellent and can fairly well handle non-Thai speaking customers. Problem is of course locating.

My suggestion would be to ask one of the hotel staff where you are staying where they would get their hair done, or washed, or set, whatever. Girls are likely to say why don't you use the hotel salon? I would tell her/them that the hotel salon is probably too expensive, and you are wanting to be able to get some authentic flavor of a good shop on the street and give your business to someone who needs it more. One or more of the girls might know a shop nearby (although most would frequent their own shops near their homes).

Similar for barbershops, though they are not as ubiquitous as hair salons. There are a few barbershops along Sukhumvit near the Landmark Hotel with lots of pretty girls wanting to cut your hair. For the most part, unless you are very particular, they are satisfactory. Hotels of course have good barbershops, but same caveats as with beauty salons.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
mrs tide likes the Chalachol Salon de BKK at the Emporium. It's a shopping mall on Sukhumvit Soi 24 (BTS station: Phrom Phong). She does not speak Thai but language has not been a problem - English (and Japanese) spoken.

I've been there for haircuts as well as Chalachol's other place on Siam Square (it's called Q - big minimalist white billboard with the word "Q" in red - 3 floors of shop space!) - I think I paid US$15 for a haircut IIRC. Nice place - never been disappointed.

I have also tried Chalachol's place at the Robinson Ratchada - this was the cheapest but Ratchada's a little out of the way.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Hair

Great responses - thanks due.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by UK Flyer 1
Anyone got a good / regular haircut experience to report?

Perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye?
Most of the upscale malls have excellent salons for men....even if they don't speak English, not to worry. Usual price around B360 which includes shampoo, cut and blow dry. I've tried at least 4 different salons and never had a complaint.

If you're looking for something other than PG rated, PM please

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.