Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Flooding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Bangkok Flooding

I am arriving on Wednesday morning, 08 November - staying at the Ibrik(Thonburi). The hotel has informed me of intermittant flooding. Each days Email seems to be getting more ominous. Can anyone tell me of the present conditions on the west side of the river around Wang Lang? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ringrazie - david
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
I'm in Bangkok at the moment and I see no flooding?

Mind, the only flooding I'm likely to see in Patpong is when the girls 'waters bust'!

I will ask around and advise further if I can
Old Nov 6, 2006, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my neighborhood, Ploen Chit, it hasn't rained in a few weeks. Having said that, your hotel appears to be very nearly on (in?) the Chao Phraya river, which has been a record levels since the devasting floods a month ago. A lot of water was diverted into plains and fields well north and east of the city, and this water is slowly being drained off. The hotel staff are probably the best source for detailed information as the problem sounds to be localized?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:24 am

the flooding in bangkok finished weeks ago, its perfectly safe now. Nothing to worry about in the least.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I was in BKK this morning. The Chao Praya water levels are higher than usual, and some un-dyked riverside properties are flooded. For example, the front yard of the Portuguese Embassy is under 3 feet of water. Also, the water level is high enough that some of the taller boats are unable to cross the upstream bridges from the Oriental northwards towards the Palace.

But in general, you will not be affected by the flooding. Weather is dry and fine overall.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Bangkok Flooding

Thank you to everyone who responded so quickly. I'm going to chance it and will post, for others, if I made a huge mistake.

ringrazie - david
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by chefdg1
Thank you to everyone who responded so quickly. I'm going to chance it and will post, for others, if I made a huge mistake.

ringrazie - david
Nov is start of high season and weather is normally excellent. You should have a great time. I myself will be there in 3 wks times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.