Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any word on lounges at new BKK airport?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Originally Posted by daron4000
Why is TG charging to let people acess their lounge. Isn't this a benefit/requirement of joining Star Alliance? On the other hand, I would be angry if all airlines got to use my lounge too. However, I'm surprised because I thought UA and TG had an all right relationship
Don't all the lounges bill the carrier for use by travelers? I've noticed that in LHR (for example) the SQ lounge wrote down my Mileage Plus number when I presented a United boarding pass and not a Singapore Airlines boarding pass.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:18 am
SST

Question: I have a TG flight in Business CXM-BKK connecting to an SQ flight ("Conneisseur" Business class, which I *think* means Raffles) BKK-SIN, with a 3 hour layover in BKK. These are award flights. I currently have no *A status. Will I be able to use the new TG lounges, and if so, is there a Business lounge, or just "First" and "general"? Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I flew UA 852 BKK-NRT on 28 Sep.

The flight left from gate D-7.

The *G/RCC option is the CIP Business Lounge on level 3 (down one level from departures, this is also the gate level) and this lounge is before security. This lounge is at the intersection of D/G/F/E concourses.

I was given a card with the details of this lounge at check-in.

Food/drink selection is pretty good.

There is an open WiFi network but I could not get external connectivity.

I did not look for any other *G eligible lounges.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by transpac
The *G/RCC option is the CIP Business Lounge on level 3 (down one level from departures, this is also the gate level) and this lounge is before security. This lounge is at the intersection of D/G/F/E concourses.
So not the TG lounge? (Sorry, unaware what CIP is, but sounds like a SATS type deal ala SIN)

Did this lounge have an F side?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Axey
So not the TG lounge? (Sorry, unaware what CIP is, but sounds like a SATS type deal ala SIN)

Did this lounge have an F side?
There is a separate F CIP lounge nearby. I am not sure if UA FC pax can enter.

I am also not sure if the TG lounges acept all *G, if they are nearby and if they are open for the early departing UA flight. I jsut did not have time to check it out.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:26 pm

I am also not sure if the TG lounges acept all *G, if they are nearby and if they are open for the early departing UA flight. I jsut did not have time to check it out.
According to this, you didn't miss anything @ the TG lounge:

10) In Thai First Class lounge. No internet available. No computers
available. No food available. The staff will bring some sandwich ( tuna, salmon,
or cheese). No self serve bar. No smoking room. No newspapers
Basically nothing is ready yet.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:20 am

I had a ticket for BKK-(UA852)-NRT-(UA890)-LAX last Friday (10/27) but 852 was cancelled ("Indef. Delay" on the screen) due to some mechanical issue. So UA booked me on TG C for the BKK-NRT leg. ^ ^

I've posted some pictures of Suvarnabhumi airport and its TG Royal Silk (*G) lounge at:

http://inthanon.as.arizona.edu/Digit...rnabhumi-TG676

I was told by UA checkin agent that UA *G can now use TG Royal Silk lounge. Also, I was able to use wireless internet through the "truewifi" network (same as the old Don Mueng).

Last edited by GRB051111; Oct 31, 2006 at 12:36 am
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:38 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Lovely pictures GRB051111. Thank you.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver

Yes the F CIP lounge is available for UA F pax.

What I have a problem is when travelling with TG or other *A airlines in Y, UA MP *G cards can't use the TG lounges...did this change recently? I was there last month on a local hop to SIN. Had to go to Louis Tavern if wanted lounge. Hung around the "island" bar/restaurants instead.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:05 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the topic is Lounges at the new BKK airport, posts have been deleted that were either off-topic or responses to off-topic posts.

And since the question is more than just UA-specific, moving to the appropriate airport/destination forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: United Premier
Y class Thai lounge at new airport

I had read earlier, before the new airport opened, that there would be a Thai Air lounge for economy class passengers. But I don't think anyone has mentioned it in this thread, (if I understand all the letter designations for classes). (Econ is Y, right?)

Does anyone know about this lounge? I have a 12 hour layover there in a couple of weeks, arriving on Thai from Myanmar in the morning and continuing on JAL late the same night, both in economy class. Anyone have any suggestions for where the best place would be to wait--perhaps with wi-fi?

Is the Miracle by Louis Tavern open yet for dayrooms? I couldn't find anything on the airport website other than the promo that it was coming soon.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO plat, BR gold, SPG gold
EVA's lounge is open and was at least as of a few weeks ago. It was a little unfinished but even so a huge improvement over EVA's lounge at Don Muang. Not saying it is the greatest lounge in the world, just that it is a huge improvement over Don Muang in that it is more than 3 times the size and has showers and a view and such.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dawson
Does anyone know about this lounge? I have a 12 hour layover there in a couple of weeks, arriving on Thai from Myanmar in the morning and continuing on JAL late the same night, both in economy class. Anyone have any suggestions for where the best place would be to wait--perhaps with wi-fi?
Yes, economy is Y. I confirm that there's an economy class transit lounge for TG at BKK. I'm not sure, though, whether you can use it if you're not continuing on TG. I tried to search for this on Thai Airways website but found nothing. Please let us know what happen.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dawson
I had read earlier, before the new airport opened, that there would be a Thai Air lounge for economy class passengers. But I don't think anyone has mentioned it in this thread, (if I understand all the letter designations for classes). (Econ is Y, right?)
Is the Miracle by Louis Tavern open yet for dayrooms? I couldn't find anything on the airport website other than the promo that it was coming soon.
Thanks in advance
1. yes, last time I was there (Oct 23), there was a rather large economy transit lounge area on Level 3, Concourse B...very nice feeling because the ceiling goes all the way up to the Concourse roof....open air.... ^

2. also, way on the other side (Concourse G, Levels 3&4), the Miracle dayrooms were opened....I didnt try it, but just walked into the small lobby area & asked a few questions.... (next door to the day room structure, there is another even larger structure being fitted out which will include an entertainment center, salon, business center, fitness center, etc.)

3. also, the following TG lounges are in the works:

1 Royal First Lounge (Concourse D right after check-in) (174 seats)*
2 Royal Silk Lounges (Concourse C) (137 seats each)
2 Royal Silk Lounges (Concourse E) (with separate areas for First Class)
1 Royal Silk Lounge (Concourse D right after check-in) (291 seats)*
1 Royal Silk Lounge (Concourse A for domestic flights) (138 seats)*
1 Royal Orchid Arrival Lounge
1 Royal Orchid Spa (Concourse D)

*opened now

4. don't forget the rather nice Louis Tavern CIP lounges (CIP = "commercially important persons") at Concourses G & F, Level 3......but the one on Level 3, Concourse A is rather plain....

5. I have heard that other airlines, like Cathay Pacific have opened up their lounges, but I havent had a chance to try them out...

Last edited by Trajan; Oct 31, 2006 at 10:58 pm
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Thumbs up BKK TG/UA lounge

I flew from BKK on 10/24 and enjoyed the lounge before the flight. I flew economy but am a 1K UA, so I think I was in the Royal Silk ? lounge (Star Gold member) . There was a smaller lounge outside the larger lounge, about the same size as the older United lounge in DM. I guess this was for economy class, but the larger lounge is great.

The new lounge is enormous, has several locations for food, drink. Large screen TVs, international newspapers and free wireless. No problems at all. The only complaint I noted was that the coffee/expresso machine in one corner service area was next to the fridge with many exotic types of fruit juice, so that you had to move out of the way when opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.