Reload this Page >

Bangkok Tailors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DirtyDan
Moderator Note: this wiki contains a summary of the most frequent recommendations made in this thread, by active FlyerTalkers, based on personal experiences. Listed businesses are in no way endorsed or recommended by FlyerTalk. Advertising is prohibited, and FlyerTalk's commercial post rule is strictly enforced. All spam-like posts will be immediately removed.

At-a-Glance Guide to FlyerTalkers' Favorite Bangkok Tailor Shops

Introduction

Appointments are strongly recommended for all tailor shops. Reputable shops are busy, and may find it difficult if not impossible to accommodate walk-ins, especially if they are first-time customers.

Detailed information about prices, quality, turnaround, etc., can be found within the thread or on the tailors' websites. Please feel free to post questions in the thread if you'd like specific feedback from other FlyerTalkers.

Shops Most Frequently Discussed in the Thread

Key: women's tailoring services available
Key: authentic luxury-brand fabrics, specialized workmanship, and/or more expensive overall, turnaround may be longer
Key: offers Thai or Asian styles as well as traditional western styles

Raja's Fashions
Tel +66 2 253 8379 or +66 2 253 8389 (Raja and Bobby, proprietors - father and son)
Area: Sukhumvit/Nana

Tailor on Ten
Tel +66 84 877 1543 (Alex or Ben, proprietors)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Tramp (no website) ♀ ♢♢
Tel +66 2 630-6649 or +66 89 816-6143 (Mr Kyi, proprietor - pronounced Kee)
Area: River/Bangrak

Rajawongse Clothier
Tel +66 xxx (Jesse or Victor, proprietors - father and son)

Universal Tailors ♀ ♢
Tel +66 816112313 (Mr RONNIE, proprietor)
Area: Silom Soi 18

Pinky Tailor ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Mr Pinky, proprietor)
Area: Ploenchit/Wireless

July Tailor ♢♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Sompop, proprietor)
Area: Silom/Saladaeng

Hermann Suits
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)
Area: Sukhumvit/Asoke

Narin Couture ♀ ♢
Tel +66 xxx (Khun Narin, proprietor)

Cotton House (no website) ♀♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor) - specifically for women's clothing
Area: River/Bangkrak

New International Boutique House (aka Nick's) ♀
Tel +66 xxx (xxx, proprietor)

Tanika Tailor ♀ ♢ ☺
Tel +66 (0) 2 229 4416
Area: Sukhumvit & Silom

Other Shops Mentioned in this Thread

• Milan or Inter-Milan
  • Mr Song or A. Song Tailor
  • Tanika
  • Art's
  • Crown
  • Lucky Man Fashions
  • Max's
  • Moon River
  • Nickerman's
  • Alex Fashions
  • Euro Boutique
  • James Fashions
  • Majestic Tailors
  • Versace's
  • World Group
  • Embassy Tailor

Last edit (DD): Removed ♀ from ToT - confirmed with shop.

FlyerTalkers with at least 90 days of membership and a minimum of 90 posts are encouraged to update or add missing info to this wiki.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Tailors

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by AndiMarcus
thanks for the feedback joorinainen !

I needed the suit for the whole year. and it is good to hear that you have had good experiences with Tanika and also the note regarding the time. Tanika said that it shouldn't be a problem to finish the suit within the 3 weeks, especially since I am relatively well available for the fitting in the meantime. I will write to Tanika and ask if this price includes a full-canvas suit. what just surprised me was the price, which is over 1000 €. I come from Germany and know a tailor there who is not that bad. they ask for a qualitative wool with 150s (half-canvased) about 1000 €. they told me there that it was possible to tailor full canvas, which made the price more expensive, almost twice as expensive. the question i am asking is: do i really need a full canvases suit?
the advantage at the tailor in Germany is that you have a contact person next to you.
What I find a little strange is that the manufacturer (Cavami) that tanika uses and told that this comes from Italy, I can not find this manufacturer listed somewhere. and I think the manufacturer would be listed somewhere if it actually existed. trusting my new tailor is also important to me. if it is wool from Thailand or China that wants to give the impression with Italian names that it would be of higher quality would be a criterion for me for no cooperation.
it may also be that the wool, despite the fact that it is from Asia has great quality, but for me this is the basic requirement for a cooperation that the information at this price is correct. and I chose Tanika for the reason that she seems to have a serious impression. should anyone in the forum have an idea from the manufacturer Cavani I would be very grateful for the feedback.
I will write Tanika reg the manufacture as well as the type of work (full-canvased etc) and let you know.

thanks !
Full canvas suit takes time (around 100hours) to make and involves lot of hand work. They aren't cheap anywhere in the world. If you have a local tailor who drafts your own individual pattern to a paper(bespoke) and makes a half canvas suit for 1000euros i would definitely go with them. This way you can support your local tailor and go back for adjustments easily. However i would assume that the local half canvas suit is made to measure(meaning that they measure you but don't make individual pattern for you).

If you decide to go with Tanika i would suggest that you choose a "workhorse cloth". Navy or grey and no less than 300grams of weight preferrably more. This kind of cloth tends to tailor and drape better and it will hold it's shape better. It's not expensive either. Make sure you have enough time and fittings and don't accept the suit until it's just like you wanted. Do the last fitting in their fitting room and don't accept "we will deliver to your hotel when it's ready".
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:56 am

Has any one tried Azzurro Tailor on Sukhumvit road? can you share the experience?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Interestingly enough, I just got an update from Tailor On Ten that starting March 1st they have upgrading their suit construction and are now making 1/2 canvased suit jackets. They are drawing custom patterns for each customer making for a truly bespoke product. Looking forward to giving one a spin next time I’m in Bangkok.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by jkingsle
Interestingly enough, I just got an update from Tailor On Ten that starting March 1st they have upgrading their suit construction and are now making 1/2 canvased suit jackets. They are drawing custom patterns for each customer making for a truly bespoke product. Looking forward to giving one a spin next time I’m in Bangkok.
That is wonderful news.. I definitely have to give it a go next time in Bangkok!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 12:09 pm

Cavani are indeed Chinese, retailing "Italian wool" through middlemen in Hong Kong. I would avoid, though I can't say personally that it's bad per se. It's a Chinese front operation essentially and no, it doesn't exist in Italy as far as I am aware.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
any recent tailoring? I'll be in bkk for about 5 days and wondering if thats enough time. I have a sudden unexpected wedding invitation so need something smart. At the same time I never have to wear suits so I dont need something that lasts forever. Maybe 2 suits for a 3 day wedding, and 3 shirts. Probably wont have to wear them again for another few years either.

Edit: if someone had a recommendation in phuket it would be a lot easier!
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aceman
any recent tailoring? I'll be in bkk for about 5 days and wondering if thats enough time. I have a sudden unexpected wedding invitation so need something smart. At the same time I never have to wear suits so I dont need something that lasts forever. Maybe 2 suits for a 3 day wedding, and 3 shirts. Probably wont have to wear them again for another few years either.

Maybe Google can help?
If you want a throw-away suit go to any tailor on Sukhumvit…
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by aceman

I have not b een back to Thailand since Covid but before it was never difficult to find a tailor. Lots of them in the shopping areas of the larger hotels or in secondary malls and outher tourist areas. I would pick something close to the hotel or convenient to get to since you will usually need 3 fittings to get it right (even if the tailor tells you otherwise). Don't forget to bargain (but select the material frist ebcause otherwise every material will be more expensive than the price you agreed on first).
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Any recent experiences with Bangkok tailors? Going next week. Particularly interested in silks.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold 4 Life
I still like George off Sukhumit. I remember last year, seeing he had a new location off Soi 5, I believe.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Bangkok silk tailors

Going to Bangkok next week & interested in men's silk shirts. Can anyone reccomend a tailor who does them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.