Wiki Posts
Search

Late flights from REP-BKK, BKK lounges?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I think he mentioned "UK", not "US". Either way, probably a non-starter.
You're partially right.

She mentioned UK.

Good catch though.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsquared37
She mentioned UK.
You got me.

It's a UK passport and they say it takes up to 8 weeks (no expedited service available). Usually it only takes 2-3 weeks, but it's a risk. We're leaving in 3.5 weeks.

It's drying right now. It looks like the cover, photo page, and all of the visas are fine. A lot of the stamps are very blurred, though.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
One related question on lounges - what is the best Star Alliance lounge open for Star Alliance Gold members? Is any PP lounges mentioned above better than that *A Gold lounge?
Old May 12, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible
One related question on lounges - what is the best Star Alliance lounge open for Star Alliance Gold members? Is any PP lounges mentioned above better than that *A Gold lounge?
While I have not been to the new SQ lounge my preference has the Oman PP lounge equal to the old SQ lounge and slightly above the EVA lounge.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by dsquared37
While I have not been to the new SQ lounge my preference has the Oman PP lounge equal to the old SQ lounge and slightly above the EVA lounge.
Thanks. So Thai Airlines lounges are not worth visit?
Old May 24, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by invisible
Thanks. So Thai Airlines lounges are not worth visit?
TG's lounges at BKK are very underwhelming for a national carrier's home airport. Some would say dreadful. Food is finger food at best. Often very crowded. The common ratings for *A lounges at BKK is EVA, SQ, TG dead last. However the terminal is big and it could be a rather long walk to your gate from EVA or SQ, which are at opposite ends. At least TG has lounges at both ends of the terminal and in the middle.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timster
TG's lounges at BKK are very underwhelming for a national carrier's home airport. Some would say dreadful. Food is finger food at best. Often very crowded. The common ratings for *A lounges at BKK is EVA, SQ, TG dead last. However the terminal is big and it could be a rather long walk to your gate from EVA or SQ, which are at opposite ends. At least TG has lounges at both ends of the terminal and in the middle.
SQ is at D7 now with their recent lounge opening. As it currently stands the (A/B)/C/D international confluence is devoid of a decent lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.