Search

Quickest way to transfer from Koh Samui to Trang

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Quickest way to transfer from Koh Samui to Trang

Hi

Can anyone let me know the best way to get from Koh Samui to Trang and then front Trang to Khok Kloi (on the mainland near Phuket).

Cost isn't really an issue.

I am thinking I should fly from Koh Samui to Krabi then get a minibus or speedboat from Krabi to Trang.

And then a speedboat from Trang To Khok Kloi.

Does anyone know any operators who would take me by speedboat between these locations? We are 3 adults and 2 children.

Thanks

PUMA
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: TG Gold
Originally Posted by THEPUMA
Hi

Can anyone let me know the best way to get from Koh Samui to Trang and then front Trang to Khok Kloi (on the mainland near Phuket).

Cost isn't really an issue.

I am thinking I should fly from Koh Samui to Krabi then get a minibus or speedboat from Krabi to Trang.

And then a speedboat from Trang To Khok Kloi.

Does anyone know any operators who would take me by speedboat between these locations? We are 3 adults and 2 children.

Thanks

PUMA

Not sure why you wanna go to Trang (since that's off the route), but the fastest way is a direct flight to Phuket with Bangkok Airways and then by car/taxi to Khok Kloi
Old Jan 29, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I can't see any flights from Trang to Phuket.

I don't understand what you mean by Trang being off the route. I want to go from Koh Samui to Trang, spend 4 days in and around Trang then travel to Phuket.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Khok Kloi is north of Phuket I believe towards Khao lak. If thats the case then a USM - HKT flight with taxi to Khok Kloi is the quickest.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Khok Kloi is north of Phuket I believe towards Khao lak. If thats the case then a USM - HKT flight with taxi to Khok Kloi is the quickest.
Sorry perhaps my post was unclear. I am not trying to get from Koh Samui to Khok Kloi. I am trying to get from Koh Samui to Trang, spend 4 days in Trang, then from Trang to Khok Kloi.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Flying to Krabi then taking a bus to Trang. Bus Krabi to Trang should take you under 3 hours. The price per person is about 90 Bahts
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Doesn't that option have to be via BKK as I didn't see any direct USM - KBV flights. You could then go USM - BKK/DMK - Trang
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Doesn't that option have to be via BKK as I didn't see any direct USM - KBV flights. You could then go USM - BKK/DMK - Trang
Bangkok Airways (PG) flies direct USM-KBV.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
I would get a ferry to Surat Thani and then get a bus to Trang from the bus station for about 150 baht, 3 hours. Pretty easy.
If "cost is not really an issue" you could book a car service to meet you at the pier and drive you to Trang. Maybe cost about 4000 baht. That would be the fastest. Much faster than flying to Krabi and then using ground transportation if you count all the airport check-in, security, waiting and baggage claim delays, THEN the ground transportation.
Another no-sweat way would be to take the train from Surat Thani direct to Trang. This takes only 3.5 hours but there are only 2 trains a day.
To get to Khlock Koi from Trang, I would take a bus up Highway 4 to Krabi (121 baht, about 2 hours) and then change to a bus to Khlock Koi via Phang Nga (maybe 160 baht?). Maybe you would hire a car to drive you -- maybe 4000-5000.
It's simply not practical to hire a speed-boat for this. Look at the map.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:47 am

Is there a reason that you have to do your itinerary in that way?

Why not fly USM to HKT first (only THB3300), as others have suggested, as then you have an easy drive (20-30 mins) from the airport to Khok Kloi/Natai.

After your stay there you can easily organise either a private van to Trang or head to the bus junction near Sarasin bridge to take a Phuket to Hat Yai via Trang daily bus.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Speedboat from Trang to Ko Phi Phi

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company to take 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children plus luggage) by speedboat from Trang to Ko Phi Phi?

My plan is then to stay the night in Ko Phi Phi then somehow get to Khok Kloi the next morning. How am I best to make the journey to Khok Kloi.

Many thanks
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Why not continue this in the thread you already started a few weeks ago?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Because I thought people might be less likely to reply to it as my new query doesn't really relate to the original title of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.