Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NOK Air Baggage Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

NOK Air Baggage Allowance

I'm travelling with my wife and son on nok air next week ending and have 15kg allowance each. We were planning on just taking one big case between us, but I'm not sure if they will allow us to combine our allowance. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Yes, it is SOP for all SEA-based LCCs to allow all pax on same reservation to combine luggage allowances. However, I don't think you'd be able to go above 30kg per bag for the safety of handlers.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tide
Yes, it is SOP for all SEA-based LCCs to allow all pax on same reservation to combine luggage allowances. However, I don't think you'd be able to go above 30kg per bag for the safety of handlers.
Great, thanks for letting me know
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tide
I second that. You can combine bag weight of both parties in the itinerary to up to 30kg.

Also, 30kg is the biggest allowed bag weight. Which means that you could just get one bag.

Another thing is, that if you are flying to Vietnam or Myanmar this year with Nok Air, they offer free 30kg per person of checked bags.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
And you have tried this with NOK? Where in the T&C is this allowed? Sorry, but a combined weight is not guaranteed.

If the airline sells its additional weight allowance as a package;
These packages can be purchased only 1 package per flight per passenger
Why then would it do the exact opposite and allow a multi passenger arrangement?

There is a simpler way. Join Nok Fan Club and receive an extra 5lb. Then purchase the additional 10kg. It is 350 baht, which is dirt cheap.
And max. 40kg is allowed, not 30kg.

Normal Allowance is 15 kg
THB 245 per flight per 5 kg in addition to normal allowance.
THB 350 per flight per 10 kg in addition to normal allowance.
THB 525 per flight per 15 kg in addition to normal allowance.
THB 700 per flight per 20 kg in addition to normal allowance.
THB 875 per flight per 25 kg in addition to normal allowance.

How do I know? Because I fly enough on Nok to have seen the approach. Perhaps some agents are letting things slide, but it is not SOP to allow combined weight limits.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
And you have tried this with NOK? Where in the T&C is this allowed? Sorry, but a combined weight is not guaranteed.
Yes, twice. Once on flight DMK-HKT and once on DMK-SGN. Both times at check in we were told that combined weight of our bags can be 30kg.

And this is Nok Air notice about extra free weight this year:

Special Offer ! Free Extra Baggage Allowance of 30kg. for travel to/from Yangon, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi available until 28 October 2017.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Just flew Nok return with family of 3, had two bags one 15 kg, second 10, no issues.
We do this regularly with other Thai lcc's such as Thai Lion Air and Air Asia.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Just to confirm, nok air do let you combine luggage allowance. 3 of us flew with one checked in case of 27kg with no issues at all.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Don't forget that if you need to buy additional luggage allowance at the airport, it does not happen at the ticket counter as it does in the west. You go to another office where you pay, then back to the ticket counter with your receipt proving payment.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Don't forget that if you need to buy additional luggage allowance at the airport, it does not happen at the ticket counter as it does in the west. You go to another office where you pay, then back to the ticket counter with your receipt proving payment.
Same goes if you want to take earlier flight and had to pay extra. You have to go to their ticket office, wait in another line and pay, then back to the end of the check in queue.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
And Nok is now beginning to charge for baggage on 'promotion' fares.

http://nokair.com/content/en/journey...formation.aspx

Unless regular fares increase the promo fares + 15kg of baggage will bring up the cost to roughly that of Nok Eco fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.