Search

Beach Resort for end of September/October

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Beach Resort for end of September/October

Hello,

As I know it will be the wet season for Thailand end of September/October, and since we would love to visit again and stay 7 days in a nice resort with pool,and beach to relax during our visit ..are they any options to do so despite the rain season?

From what I'm reading Ko Samui and Phuket are no go.

Thank you.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vg247

From what I'm reading Ko Samui and Phuket are no go.

Thank you.
Care to share why Phuket is no go?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Care to share why Phuket is no go?
I've been told for the same reason as Ko Samui, due to the rain/wet season.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I think all of these places are fine, even in the rainy season (though some beaches will not be swimmable then). It rains hard now and then, but it rarely lasts long. And prices are much cheaper. .

I've been to Phuket many times, but I'm down on Phuket now because it's quite expensive compared to the other places (tourist prices and taxi mafia). It feels less 'thai' to me. Samui is good value, though you either have to pay extra to fly there directly, or fly the cheap way (via Surat Thani) and spend a couple extra hours in minivans and ferries. We really enjoyed the Hyatt Hua Hin and recommend it, especially if you have diamond status or pay up to a club room. They have the best pool complex and prices inside and outside are more reasonable. You can catch 10 baht sangtaews to get around in Hua Hin vs. 200 baht in Phuket.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vg247
I've been told for the same reason as Ko Samui, due to the rain/wet season.
Yes, its the end of the raining season. I'm going to Phuket second week of October. By then you will have more sunny days than rainy days, and it's much cheaper as BigE said. For 3 days in a villa on the beach with private pool, with airport transfers I'm paying $200 vs. $175 a day when I was there in April.
I don't care about the taxi mafia as I will have airport transfers provided by the resort.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Great info BigE and bwiadca, thanks very much..btw, SPG guy here so no diamond status ;-(
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:53 am

I know i answered your question in another thread, but the wife and i are currently researching our next trip back to asia next year and are really considering Khao Lak (1hr north of Phuket) or maybe Samui.
Khao lak is very family and couple orientated with what looks like great beaches.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemansam
I know i answered your question in another thread, but the wife and i are currently researching our next trip back to asia next year and are really considering Khao Lak (1hr north of Phuket) or maybe Samui.
Khao lak is very family and couple orientated with what looks like great beaches.
That's terrific, thanks so much for the additional options and information, much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.