Wiki Posts
Search

Figuring Out Where to Stay Phuket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Figuring Out Where to Stay Phuket

Hi All,
Thanks for the great advice in this forum. I am planning a very last minute honeymoon to Thailand. I've already booked a hotel stay at the Bayan Tree in Koh Samui for 4 nights. From there, we are planning on heading to Phuket. I'm having some issues deciding between a few hotels. Here are the ones I am deciding between.

Trisara,
Andara
Anantara Villas
Sri Panwa

We really think the Trisara looks amazing, but we are afraid we would be "stuck there". From what I can tell, there aren't a ton of options if we decide we want to go somewhere outside of the resort to get food, drinks, etc.

I had a friend stay at the Anantara recently, and they had an amazing time. He told me that there were huts where they could get massages for very cheap, and there were a handful of restaurants nearby. My main concern about this hotel is that it does not have an ocean view, but that is not a deal breaker.

This is why I'm wondering if the Andara Penthouse Suite is a better bet. From the information I've gathered, it seems like a great hotel, and there are closely reachable restaurants, huts, etc.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Would appreciate any advice or insight!

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
The Anantara Villas is located next to the J W Marriott and 2 Marriott Phuket Beach Club properties, where we have spent the last 3 New Years Eves. We like this area very much. Yes, the Anantara Villas doesn't have a beach view, but it is really a very short walk to the beach. There is a small shopping center (Turtle Village) for meals, souvenir shopping, and a mini mart for supplies. Unless you are staying for a very long stay I doubt you would feel isolated here. Enough food choices at all the various resort properties along this beach to keep you happy, I would think. We like to stock our fridge at the Phuket Beach Club and have breakfast in (late am) and then take dinner out in the evening. Anantara Villas has a great pizza restaurant, in case you want pizza instead of Thai or other cuisine.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.