Wiki Posts
Search

Driver in Hua Hin area?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Driver in Hua Hin area?

we want to spend 3-4 days in the Hua Hin/Khao Tao area. Frankly, we are afraid of renting a car and driving on the left side (travel a lot, but haven't done that before). Can anyone recommend a service/driver. We are thinking of moving to th Khao Tao area... would prefer to stay there raher than in 'downtown' Hua Hin. Anyone have experiences with dealing with other than public buses or just calling taxis?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think there are motorbike taxis and song taos (pick-up trucks, covered with 2 rows of seats which operate somewhat fixed routes) in the Hua Hin area? I normally drive my car there, so am not always registering what's going on as I am focused on the Death Race.

There will be Bangkok taxis hanging about, mainly looking for a fare back to Bangkok.

There are usually drivers with cars hanging about also.

You could ask at your hotel.

You could try GrabCar and/or UBER; I've been using the former quite a bit in Bangkok with excellent results. Not sure if either operate in the Hua Hin area?
Old May 1, 2016, 9:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Wasn't able to find any Uber or Grab drivers today in Hua Hin.

Took a songteaw from the Hyatt area to Soi 54/1 for THB 20. On the way back we waited 30 mins for a Songtheaw and finally gave up and grabbed one of those open taxis they have in Hua Hin for THB 200. The hotel said it should have been THB 150, but we were too tired to haggle.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Couldn't get an Uber from Dusit to Sheraton, so was forced to take their hotel "taxi" for 200 baht; bit of a racket, paying 269 baht for the BKK-Hua Hin bus, and then 200 for the last mile of the trip.

Had no problems finding Ubers in downtown Hua Hin, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.