Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Refused entry

Refused entry

Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Refused entry

Hi everyone I'm looking for advice I was refused entry to Thailand 3 years ago due to my passport having a page missing I now have a new passport will I be able to enter Thailand now
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wiganer
Hi everyone I'm looking for advice I was refused entry to Thailand 3 years ago due to my passport having a page missing I now have a new passport will I be able to enter Thailand now
I'd urge you to address that question to the Thai authorities (embassy, consulate) rather than canvass the views of random strangers.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming you have a passport from one of the visa-exempt, or VoA countries, or have a valid visa, which covers your length of stay, you should be fine.

I guess if you want to be more comfortable, simply apply for a real double-entry Tourist Visa in your home country at the nearest Thai embassy/consulate

Asking the Thai "authorities" will result in a hundred different answers.

You could also ask here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/...-work-permits/
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'd urge you to address that question to the Thai authorities (embassy, consulate) rather than canvass the views of random strangers.
^^

Part of it is going to depend on why that page was missing. Why did you tear it out? (I suspect that may be none of our business, but it's a necessary fact that needs to be considered.) If the removal of the page had anything to do with Thailand (you had overstayed by a serious amount or had been deported or whatever) then they'll still have a record of it.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
^^

Part of it is going to depend on why that page was missing. Why did you tear it out? (I suspect that may be none of our business, but it's a necessary fact that needs to be considered.) If the removal of the page had anything to do with Thailand (you had overstayed by a serious amount or had been deported or whatever) then they'll still have a record of it.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Refused entry

No nothing like that I discovered when I got back home my ex partner ripped the page out as she was not happy with me going to Thailand on a lads holiday
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No nothing like that I discovered when I got back home my ex partner ripped the page out as she was not happy with me going to Thailand on a lads holiday
What? She ripped out the page (what page) before (after) you went on this lads holiday?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
"Lads holiday" in Thailand? Why would she object to that?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
"Lads holiday" in Thailand? Why would she object to that?
Before I went I was unaware of it so immigration told me my passport was incomplete and refused entry that's why I wondering will I be allowed back in with a new complete passport
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based on the additional detail I do not believe you will have any problems entering Thailand with your new passport.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:07 pm

Something like that will not be noted in any kind of registar. So youll have no problem whatsoever.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
^^

Deportation is no reason to be banned, and neither is overstay (well, it used to be that way, although so far no reports of the new law being enforced). So even in that case, no consequence, plus it would be because of the overstay/deportation, not because of the missing page.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Did you get a new partner to go along with the new passport?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
My guess is that this view of tearing pages out of a passport is not unique to Thailand.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Not wishing to be at all confrontational, but a Thai visa - or an exculpatory letter - could carry a bit more clout at BKK immigration desks than a print out of the opinions of contributors to an online forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.