Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Hotel near BKK?

first trip to BKK, thanks for the earlier advise on lounges. Land 11 pm and meet up with others at about 7am, taking advice from others to get a hotel room for the wait. Looked but could not find specific hotel recommendations near BKK. Looking for something easy to get to and close. Prefer a reliable hotel shuttle over a cab and suggestions on how to best reach hotel to coordinate shuttle after clearing customs. Also need hotel for the night before our early am return flights. Appreciate thoughts on possible hotels. It needs to be safe but not a 5 star. Thanks much.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by OmahaUnitedMM
first trip to BKK, thanks for the earlier advise on lounges. Land 11 pm and meet up with others at about 7am, taking advice from others to get a hotel room for the wait. Looked but could not find specific hotel recommendations near BKK. Looking for something easy to get to and close. Prefer a reliable hotel shuttle over a cab and suggestions on how to best reach hotel to coordinate shuttle after clearing customs. Also need hotel for the night before our early am return flights. Appreciate thoughts on possible hotels. It needs to be safe but not a 5 star. Thanks much.
Would suggest you check out the Thailand forum for more information. I can recommend the Novotel and it has frequent shuttles and is close to the airport - so no crazy trips or traffic to deal with...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Would suggest you check out the Thailand forum for more information.
RBP sent.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As members have mentioned, FlyerTalk's Thailand forum should be of help here and I'll move this to that forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by OmahaUnitedMM
Assuming (and I'm not 100% sure based on your post) you are flying into Suvarnabhumi late at night and flying out of the same airport early AM, I suppose your best bet is the Novotel. At the airport. Pricey, I have heard (never used it myself).

There is part of your post I could read that there is a gap between arrival and departure. (Also need hotel for the night before our early am return flights.). If that's the case then I wouldn't use the Novotel. I'd go downtown and get a better hotel for less money. And I wouldn't use an airport shuttle. Use the AOT "limo" service.

As far as a hotel downtown, help us out with 2 things. What are your plans while staying in BKK? Culture, night life, historical, religious, shopping, massive consumption of alcohol, committing at least 4 deadly sins, etc.? Price range for hotel ($50/night? $100? $200?) ? And are you a member of any hotel rewards programs (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, etc.)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
There are a lot of good, clean hotels with shuttles near the airport without the very high price of the Novotel. Go to Tripadvisor.com.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
There are a lot of good, clean hotels with shuttles near the airport without the very high price of the Novotel. Go to Tripadvisor.com.
A friend of mine got a hotel with shuttle for around $35 IIRC, and certainly under $40. And he has fairly high standards. Sorry, don't recall the name, but there are quite a few decent ones.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
A couple of years ago I stayed at Thong Ta Resort Suvarnabhumi which is 10 min drive from the airport. Shuttle was included. Around 1000 THB on Agoda. Very good value and I was pleased with my stay.

There are other options. Paying the exorbitant rates at Novotel would be a waste of money. There are much better deals in the vincinity of the airport
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
A couple of years ago I stayed at Thong Ta Resort Suvarnabhumi which is 10 min drive from the airport. Shuttle was included. Around 1000 THB on Agoda. Very good value and I was pleased with my stay.
I would also recommend this hotel. Stayed there during four overnight connections on three award trips to Asia last year. Would recommend booking their best room, which is a "Superior Triple Room" located in the second, newer four story building, which does have an elevator. A decent set breakfast is included in the approximate $35-$37 rate.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Another option would be not to clear security, and stay in the airside http://www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com/index.php overnight. 4,400 THB for 6 hours. Not done it myself.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Another option would be not to clear security, and stay in the airside http://www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com/index.php overnight. 4,400 THB for 6 hours. Not done it myself.
Not sure this is an option for the OP? You have to have an int'l-int'l connection/departure to use this facility, though the OP does not define the "7:00 AM meet-up", but suspect it is landside, or for a domestic flight.

One of the gazillion local hotels would seem to suffice. There have been many, many, many, many threads/recommendations here on local options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.