Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with domestic flight to international BKK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Help with domestic flight to international BKK

I apologize if this has been asked before, I'm new and spent some time browsing the forums but couldn't find an answer.

Flying KBV to BKK 10:10-11:30am via Thai airways.

Departing for BKK to CAN to LAX 3:35pm via China Southern. ASince we will be arriving into the same airport this gives us 4 full hours to un board the plane, gather our bags, and check in for our international flight home to CAN --> LAX. Is this cutting it too close?

The second flight is the return part of a round trip so it's two separate tickets. That means we would have to do immigration once we arrive at BKK that morning right? Is there a way to streamline our bags straight to our destination even if it's a different ticket and airline?

The only other flight from KBV to BKK that morning arrives into BKK at 8am which is in my opinion too much time to be waiting around an airport. Esp considering the flight back is 17 hours already.

Last edited by sherilynx3; Nov 13, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, sherilynx3
Please follow this thread as it is moved to the FT Thailand Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
BKK is a big airport, but it's not that big, lol. You have more than enough time, don't worry. Personally I'd do that connection with an hour and a half, but I'm probably more comfortable with separate tickets than some people. You always run a risk but unless things really unravel badly a couple hours is sufficient.

They in theory can check your bags to LAX but whether they will or not is up to the competence of the agent.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by sherilynx3
Flying KBV to BKK 10:10-11:30am via Thai airways.

Departing for BKK to CAN to LAX 3:35pm via China Southern. ASince we will be arriving into the same airport this gives us 4 full hours to un board the plane, gather our bags, and check in for our international flight home to CAN --> LAX. Is this cutting it too close?

sherilynx3 - Welcome to FlyerTalk. I agree with dvs7310 - you should have plenty of time.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Domestic arrivals are relatively simple at BKK...just walk to baggage claim, find your bags, head up to level 4, check in, clear departing Immigration, go to you your gate.

For some, you may be able to utilize the CIQ procedures, so clear Customs in KBV (assuming the airport isn't blockaded with protesters), check bags through to final destination, clear Immigration mid-field at BKK.

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/10...ernational-ciq

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.