LAX-USM

Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH DIA, SW PPG.
LAX-USM

Looking to travel from LAX to USM. Does anyone have any recommendations on preferred airlines or routing? I would prefer to stay with in the One World alliance however, other alliances/airlines are OK as well. Any input in appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by hal8b
Looking to travel from LAX to USM. Does anyone have any recommendations on preferred airlines or routing? I would prefer to stay with in the One World alliance however, other alliances/airlines are OK as well. Any input in appreciated. Thanks!
You probably want to fly LAX-BKK (various routings) and then BKK-USM. Only Thai (TG) and Bangkok Airways (PG) flies BKK-USM. Neither are in the OW alliance, but PG flights can be credited to CX (Cathay Pacific) now.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
CX LAX-HKG-BKK and then PG BKK-USM. I wouldn't sweat where to credit the short flight on PG- you can't credit it to AA.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
You probably want to fly LAX-BKK (various routings) and then BKK-USM. Only Thai (TG) and Bangkok Airways (PG) flies BKK-USM. Neither are in the OW alliance, but PG flights can be credited to CX (Cathay Pacific) now.
I omitted to mention that there is a twice a day HKG-USM flight on PG, but timing it with a LAX-HKG flight can be a challenge.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I omitted to mention that there is a twice a day HKG-USM flight on PG, but timing it with a LAX-HKG flight can be a challenge.
Not to mention that OP's profile indicates Executive Platinum status on AA. Crediting the PG flights to a program where miles expire (AsiaMiles) might not be what OP's after...
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: The Embassy
PG codeshare with QR and BA to USM, along with a bunch of others

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.