International to domestic connection at BKK with duty free purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bms918
This is right when I land? After customs? after i go back through security?
After Immigration, before Customs. In the Baggage area.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:10 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
After Immigration, before Customs. In the Baggage area.
I buy mine BEFORE immigration (just before the ramp up to the arrivals hall).

But, this is NOT near the transit desk/immigration area (which is on one side of the terminal). This is just before the arrivals hall (in the middle of the terminal).
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:48 am
Original Poster

cool. thanks. and i wont have any issues taking the liquor back through domestic security as long as its properly packaged correct?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:21 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by bms918
cool. thanks. and i wont have any issues taking the liquor back through domestic security as long as its properly packaged correct?
Yes. I've actually bought at the duty free on the way in the country, as a gift. Then flown a few more domestic flights before making my last stop. As long as it's sealed in the bag with the receipt, you can keep taking it through airport security everyday, one after the next. No issues at all.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM

BTW, depending on what you want, it might be available on Koh Samui. It is a popular destination for international travelers and has some very well stocked liquor and wine shops.

I'm surprised at the answer that you could take a sealed duty-free bag back through domestic security yourself rather than only having it delivered to the plane for you. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
BTW, depending on what you want, it might be available on Koh Samui. It is a popular destination for international travelers and has some very well stocked liquor and wine shops.

I'm surprised at the answer that you could take a sealed duty-free bag back through domestic security yourself rather than only having it delivered to the plane for you. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Duty free is delivered to the plane in BKK? I've only purchased inbound but I'd be surprised if its the case. Especially if connecting to a dom flight.

My experience with duty free --> domestic flight is for the next morning after arrival. At that time I was told so long as the receipt is inside the bag and shows a purcause within the previous 24 hours there would be no problem.

My guess is 2lovelife has more experience, and more recent experience at that.

And what you want might well be available on Samui but at high cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.