Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Thailand Sales, Promotions, Deals? Please Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand Sales, Promotions, Deals? Please Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
The vouchers could be worth a little something. However, I tried but didn't see any place to enter a voucher #. They only accepted CC info. But it's possible I chose the "wrong" tour package. There is a button to click to "credit card" but it's the only choice...maybe certain (more expensive?) packages will also have a button to click for "voucher"?

If anyone is able to actually use it, I'd be curious to hear about the details (including where/when you enter the voucher number.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:57 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The voucher is entered jist above thecc details - there's a link to click "cash voucher"...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Oh, I get it now. On the list of packages or tours you need to find one that has the small tiled "CR" inside a yellow box just right of the end of the title. For tours and attractions, there's nothing in Bangkok or Phuket, but there were a few in Chiang Mai (the cheapest was about 1000 baht X 2 pax, so about a 25% discount). You might be able to do about as well by negotiating with a local travel agent (not sure).

These deals are not just for Thailand, but many asian cities. For tours/attractions, other countries actually have more "CR"s.

If anyone sees any good deals, please post the details.

Edit: There are some interesting options in other cities priced near the voucher face value and it doesn't seem to complain if you have only 1 PAX (contrary to the voucher T&C).

Last edited by BigE; Jun 16, 2014 at 9:15 am
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by nvoi
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The voucher is entered jist above thecc details - there's a link to click "cash voucher"...
Are these vouchers good to book limousine or van transfer from BKK or other airports?

Last edited by Kalboz; Jun 16, 2014 at 12:21 pm
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Are these vouchers good to book limousine or van from BKK or other airports?
Yes - some but not all (I don't see a pattern). You have to check for the "CR" symbol.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Was looking at BKK hotels and noticed that the Four Seasons is US$121/night with Agoda for a 2-night minimum. Club Rooms $177.
Seems like a good deal, since through their website the same nights are US$200+. Never stayed there, reviews on TA look excellent in terms of service but rooms a bit old.
Just FYI.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Was looking at BKK hotels and noticed that the Four Seasons is US$121/night with Agoda for a 2-night minimum.
Is that all in or do we need to add ++? If need to add, then it's $142.42 all in.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Is that all in or do we need to add ++? If need to add, then it's $142.42 all in.
It's ++. Agoda is always ++ in my experience.

And it's also $111/night ++ with a three night minimum.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
It's ++. Agoda is always ++ in my experience.

And it's also $111/night ++ with a three night minimum.
Around $130 per night all in - good rate for a great property but that's all you get a nice room, no breakfast, and no lounge access. If you upgrade t those benefits, your rate will easily climb to around $200 per night!!! IMO, you better off with hotels you are loyal to and have status with. You may get a suite with benefits at the new Hilton Sukhumvit or the DT for the same rate.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Around $130 per night all in - good rate for a great property but that's all you get a nice room, no breakfast, and no lounge access. If you upgrade t those benefits, your rate will easily climb to around $200 per night!!! IMO, you better off with hotels you are loyal to and have status with. You may get a suite with benefits at the new Hilton Sukhumvit or the DT for the same rate.
Agree completely.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Yes. I can use my status with Marriott to get a similar deal at JWM.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:09 am

Oriental Residence

Oriental Residence on Wireless still has their 2+1 night free until September. Nice shaded pool for laps, apartment suites with kitchen, huge bathroom, small gym and excellent service.

From their Manager, Front Office, excerpt of confirmation:
For the room rate, we are pleased to offer rate stay 3 pay 2 room rate on One bedroom City View (7500+7500+Free night) average room rate THB 5,000++ per night included for breakfast.

Last edited by dtsm; Jul 12, 2014 at 3:43 am
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Oriental Residence on Wireless still has their 2+1 night free until September. Nice shaded pool for laps, apartment suites with kitchen, huge bathroom, small gym and excellent service.
Did their website give you a free night when you booked three nights? As far as I can tell, it tried to charge me for all three nights.....that is, it showed the price per night then the total amount for the stay was the sum of those three nights plus tax.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Did their website give you a free night when you booked three nights? As far as I can tell, it tried to charge me for all three nights.....that is, it showed the price per night then the total amount for the stay was the sum of those three nights plus tax.
It is on their website, check out the top offer: http://www.oriental-residence.com/special-offers.aspx
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:07 pm

It is on their website, check out the top offer: http://www.oriental-residence.com/special-offers.aspx
Yes, I know. However, when I went to book three nights - via the website - the estimated overall cost of the stay was three nights' worth of charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.