Wiki Posts
Search

Siem Reap to BKK to JFK connection time

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Siem Reap to BKK to JFK connection time

Hello,
I am flying from Siem Reap to BKK in anticipation for a flight back to JFK. I will be on Bangkok Airlines arriving 20:55 on Dec 31 into BKK and have a flight that leaves at 01:05 on Air China. Two different tickets. Do you think that is enough time to arrive, clear immigration, get to new gate, and board in time? Should I allow more than 2 hours?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Four hours is plenty of time.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by doublediamond111
Hello,
I am flying from Siem Reap to BKK in anticipation for a flight back to JFK. I will be on Bangkok Airlines arriving 20:55 on Dec 31 into BKK and have a flight that leaves at 01:05 on Air China. Two different tickets. Do you think that is enough time to arrive, clear immigration, get to new gate, and board in time? Should I allow more than 2 hours?
Unless there's a typo, I'm seeing four hours, which is plenty of time.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Excuse me, it was a typo. Flight lands at 22:10 and departs at 01:05. Thoughts?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by doublediamond111
Excuse me, it was a typo. Flight lands at 22:10 and departs at 01:05. Thoughts?
Still nearly 3 hours. So plenty of time. Assuming BKK Airways is even close to being on time.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Still nearly 3 hours. So plenty of time. Assuming BKK Airways is even close to being on time.
Lot's of time!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:49 pm

You SHOULD be all right. There shouldn't be any weather problems around NYs. I've been burned by a flight delay which became a cancellation on the last flight on the day to BKK though. I always leave myself lots of flight options before a long haul connection these days. I had to pay $2300 for an Econ seat (ow) and lost a CX F seat. Never again !
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think Bangkok Airways and Air China have an interline agreement so you may be able to check your bags through BKK even with separate tickets, use the mid-field security (Concourse intersections A/B/C/D, or D/E/F/G and get the Air China boarding pass at the mid-field transfer counters. This would make the connection a bit simpler.

http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/view/check-in-through

http://suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/96...-boarding-pass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.