Wiki Posts
Search

One night in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 1.1MM
One night in Bangkok

I searched, but didn't find anything recent.

Looking to spend one night in Bangkok in mid July --- flying in around 4pm, flying out around 6am next day; budget around ~6000THB +/-. Have been to Thailand many times before, but never to Bangkok, thinking maybe walk through some markets in the evening.

Current hotel ideas --- Conrad, Sofitel, Four Seasons... thinking of splurging for the club level room and just dinner there. Thoughts? Any recommendations appreciated
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Sofitel So can be had from 4.000 THB all inclusive on with the current promotion
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olisch
Sofitel So can be had from 4.000 THB all inclusive on with the current promotion
I am not seeing that for the club level am I missing something?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Orion316
I searched, but didn't find anything recent.

Looking to spend one night in Bangkok in mid July --- flying in around 4pm, flying out around 6am next day; budget around ~6000THB +/-. Have been to Thailand many times before, but never to Bangkok, thinking maybe walk through some markets in the evening.

Current hotel ideas --- Conrad, Sofitel, Four Seasons... thinking of splurging for the club level room and just dinner there. Thoughts? Any recommendations appreciated
6,000 less taxi to the hotel, taxi back to the airport, freeway tolls, dinner. You're talking 4,000-4,500 for a hotel. Given the hotels are all ++ you're looking for a room in the 3,000-3,500 range. You're not going to get a Four Seasons or JW Marriott or any of those in the club level for that. In fact, for only a one night stay you'll struggle to find just a regular room. And that's assuming you walk around and look at the markets and don't spend a single satang. Suggest you adjust your budget or your room expectations. A lot of rooms for 2,000-3,000 but not in the category you mentioned.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stay somewhere cheap and spend the money on dinner and transportation.... looking at your times the hotel seems irrelevant if you have to leave at 4:00.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: United Plat and falling
Need it be said that if you do stay one night in Bangkok, then the world's your oyster? I know, I should be ashamed . . . couldn't resist. :-)
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
6,000 less taxi to the hotel, taxi back to the airport, freeway tolls, dinner. You're talking 4,000-4,500 for a hotel.
Sorry not to be clear, I"m budgeting 6-7000 just for the hotel. I'll be coming off a week long trek and will be in need of some luxury before the long flight back home. I don't usually spend any money in markets but enjoy walking around them.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
A quick search on www.trivago.com brings many options. The Sheraton Grande or new Hilton Sukhumvit are both excellent hotels and within your budget. The new Doubltree will probably give you an option after booking to a suite which will be within your budget as well.

The Exec Lounge at the Hilton is great
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Orion316
Sorry not to be clear, I"m budgeting 6-7000 just for the hotel. I'll be coming off a week long trek and will be in need of some luxury before the long flight back home. I don't usually spend any money in markets but enjoy walking around them.
That might be enough for the JWM. Good lounge. Great spa. Great restaurants. Good for a one night pampering.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
The best Hotel by far in BKK is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, update to a exec package and you will get free Wifi, free cleaning, free breakfast and a 2 hour happy hour with good jazz. Direct access to the skytrain. Great Thai restaurant etc etc
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BritinJapan
The best Hotel by far in BKK is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit...
Wow, thanks for the laugh... really. The best.... 555555.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: SPG LTPlat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Wow, thanks for the laugh... really. The best.... 555555.
Glad you enjoyed. Which hotel is better based on cost performance ?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:04 pm

How about the Marriott 57 for 2500B on Latestays. I do like the SGS though. The Four Seasons was going for 3300 on Hotels.com last month too. ps: whoops, the Latestays deal is off - 3300 now. I'm looking for mid-July and I'm not exactly seeing the 'coup-coup' prices I was expecting. Most 5 stars seem to be holding firm. The 4 stars have come down a lot - Vie $90 (ai), Fraser Suites -$90, Centrepoint Ratchadamri - $85, Eastin Grande Sathorn -$85 etc

Last edited by whackyjacky; Jun 26, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
There are many fantastic hotels if 'cost performance' is your metric however claiming one is the best with such a definitive style is folly.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: UA/AA
I can understand wanting some comfort but that seems like a lot to spend for a < 12 hour stay. How about staying in a moderate price yet comfortable hotel and then use some of those funds for a two hour massage ? But , as they say, "up to you "...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.