Clueless about itinerary - too much to see, too little time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clueless about itinerary - too much to see, too little time

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot guys, going to Siem Reap first indeed seems to be the best option. I just bought a Lonely Planet and am reading about what else to do.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I rode a bicycle across the border from Thailand to Siem Reap in March, it was a great trip. From Battambang to Siem Reap we took a boat onto Tonle Sap Lake that was an awesome experience. I would recommend it for a relaxing half day or so if you are looking for something different!

Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
I'm not sure if this helps but here's how we did it with roughly the same amount of days that you have.

1) Meet buddy in SIN and spend 1.5 days there which is uber easy
2) SIN -> REP - Land in REP in the later afternoon.
3) Next day full day Angkor tour with Mr. Son. Second day we do a horseback riding tour with Happy Ranch for sunrise.
3) REP -> BKK
4) 2 ish days in Bangkok which covered: Day 1 (Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Aru, Khao San, Chinatown), Day 2 (Chatuchak if you're there on a weekend, MBK shopping mall area, Golden Mount, Moon Bar @ Banyan Tree Hotel)
5) BKK (Actually Don Mueang and not the international airport) -> CNX (Chiang Mai)
6) The evening we got there we did the cooking class with Nancy @ Siam Rice Thai Cookery
7) 2 day, 1 night trekking with Nikorn "Dragon" to one of the Karen hill tribes (this was a private tour and AWESOME)
8) CNX -> USM
9) The planning for us really came through here because at this point we were pretty tired and to have somewhere like Koh Samui to top it all off was just what we needed. 3 ish days here which involved some diving classes, going to Angthong National Marine Park with Samui Boat Charter, exploring Bophut and Chaweng
10) The end (well I went on to Phuket while my friend had to go back home to the US)
11) Phuket I spent only 2 nights and 2 days there and for me all I cared to do was diving there. Not a big fan of Phuket .

These flights were covered by the Bangkok Airway Discovery Airpass:
REP -> BKK
CNX -> USM
USM -> HKT
$413.58

BKK -> CNX was separate with Nokair
$39.55

Blogged bout ALL of this with photos, detailed itineraries, information etc etc. so if you are interested in the links just lmk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.