Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
The Horizon Terrace is the biggest suite right? That's quite an upgrade consider they skipped the Execuplus suites and the Garden Suite. By the way if your suite didn't have a jacuzzi it's only a Garden Suite.
It wasn't an upgrade. I had booked the Executive Suite and decided on the way to the hotel I wanted to upgrade to the Horizon Terrace. I emailed and paid the difference.

It had a jacuzzi and outdoor shower on the terrace.

It was Room 2920.

This is the room I had. I've got pics on my phone.

http://www.pprincess.com/rooms-and-s...ace-suite.html

Last edited by Annalisa12; May 31, 2016 at 12:56 am Reason: Forgot the email addy.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: EVA. ACCOR
Wow, thanks for sharing info on the Horizon Terrace. I am always looking for a suite with outdoor terrace and jacuzzi. Sofitel Sukhumvit is another and the SGS.

Any other outdoor private terrace suites that anyone can share?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
We stayed in a terrace suite at the Sheraton Four Points on Sukhumvit soi 15. It was nice, but it wasn't on a high floor and didn't have a view at all. But the terrace was large...not nearly as large as the Panorama suite at Column tower on Suk soi 16 though. Panorama suite is a 2 bedroom apartment with a terrace that is at least half a basketball court. The view from the 34th floor is awesome. Nearly a 360 view.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by MWCpasadena
Wow, thanks for sharing info on the Horizon Terrace. I am always looking for a suite with outdoor terrace and jacuzzi. Sofitel Sukhumvit is another and the SGS.

Thanks in advance.
We'd get room service and dine on the terrace at night with the wind blowing and the sounds of the city all around us.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by MWCpasadena

Thanks in advance.

Terrace Suite at the 4P Sukhumvit 15

Not a suite, but this is the awesome terrace at the JW Marriott's executive lounge

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
We'd get room service and dine on the terrace at night with the wind blowing and the sounds of the city all around us.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Two-bedroom Panorama suite with HUGE terrace, 34th floor, Column Tower, on Sukhumvit soi 16. Same building as the Long Table restaurant. I doubt there is a larger terrace anywhere else! Granted, two 2-bedroom suites "share" this terrace, but we have never had a problem with privacy issues, and have had catered Christmas Eve dinner with small group of friends and enjoyed the fresh breeze and beautiful views with no problems what-so-ever.
Attached Images   
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:11 pm

One thing I have learned about my 9 visits to Bangkok is that you should book a hotel that will suite your needs the most. Some like shopping, others like sightseeing and most like both. Most 4 star hotels will have all the accommodations travelers seek like wi-fi, pool, breakfast etc. One thing that is overlooked by most first time travelers to Bangkok is the distnace to the BTS & MRT transit systems. After you get familiar with the routes it will be a big plus and saves lots of taxi traffic frustrations, plus saves you money. Of the many hotels I have stayed at the best situated hotel has been the Siam Mercure Hotel. This hotel is literally across the street from the famous MBK mall and the National Stadium BTS Skytrian station is literally at the hotels doorstep. This hotel is easily within walking distance to Siam Paragon, Central World & all the major shopping malls except the Terminal 21 mall. If you plan to go sightseeing the doorstep BTS Skytrain will take you and leave you within walking distance to the sights. The Siam Mercure is a trendy style hotel, but it's not going to have the type of lobby as the Amari Watergate or other fancy 4 star hotels. The best thing about this hotel besides it's location is it's price ($68-$80) depending on season. Other 4-star hotel with huge & beautiful lobbies will run you between $85-$125 per night, but will be a bit distanced from the BTS Skytrain and MRT systems.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any recommendations for hotels near BKK airport? I need to stay there Sat-Mon so 2 nights. The only two that I'm considering are Best Western and La Meridian.
These are the only two hotels in the price range $50-$100 per night. Everything else is $20 or $30. The Novotel at the airport is overpriced. I don't want to pay $150 per night. I don't need to be right next the the airport, but would prefer to be close by, within 15 minutes taxi ride.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Any recommendations for hotels near BKK airport?
Isn't there another currently active thread on this very topic? Or is my memory failing faster than I thought....
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Isn't there another currently active thread on this very topic? Or is my memory failing faster than I thought....
??? This is the current active topic on this subject. I don't see any other topics about BKK hotels
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
??? This is the current active topic on this subject. I don't see any other topics about BKK hotels
I thought there was a specific thread yet I'm not finding anything limited to this particular subject either and/or they are rather dated.

Possibly this?

BKK airport hotels or not?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
YUP, that's the one I was thinking of, DS2.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jul 13, 2016 at 8:20 am Reason: Remove off-topic comment.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm sorry, but this has been discussed so many times in this forum. There are at least 1 or 2 specifik threads on BKK airport hotel options.

Anyway, why would you stay 2 nights around the airport? One night may make sense but if you have 2 nights /1 day I would certainly stay down town (Sukhumvit Rd).
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:07 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
You would be crazy to stay near the airport. Stay in town.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Guys, I've read this post going back to page 15. There is only one subject that talks about staying near BKK airport (around page no. 19). At the end, the question poster was sent to hotels in downtown.
I'll be staying in Hilton Millennium for 4 days. I will do all my downtown sightseeing and touristy things during that time. Sunday and Monday at 6am I need to be at Lat Krabang, right next to the airport. I don't want to commute for an hour in the morning and then afternoon back to downtown. It means that I would have to wake up way before 4am. Last two times when I did it I've stayed at Novotel Bangna. However, after staying at other hotels in BKK, I don't want to stay in that dump anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.