Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
Drinks or Dining with a View

List of Places Discussed in the Thread

Note: Smart-casual dress codes are strictly enforced unless otherwise stated (e.g., no flip-flops, no sleeveless shirts for men, usually no shorts for men)

• Above Eleven - 33rd floor - Fraser Suites, Sukhumvit Soi 11
  • L'Appart Rooftop Lounge - 32nd floor - Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit at Soi 13
  • Breeze Restaurant - 52nd floor - Lebua at State Tower, Silom
  • The Dome Restaurant - Lebua at State Tower, Silom
  • Long Table Restaurant - 25th floor - Column Tower, Sukhumvit Soi 16
  • Moon Bar - 61st floor - Banyan Tree, Sathorn
  • Octave Rooftop Lounge & Bar - 45th floor - Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit at Soi 57
  • Red Sky - Centara Grand Central World
  • Siroccco Restaurant - Lebua at State Tower, Silom
  • Sky Bar - 63rd floor - Lebua Hotel at State Tower, Silom
  • Speakeasy Rooftop Bar - 24th & 25th floors, multiple venues - Hotel Muse, Luang Suan
  • Three Sixty Lounge - 32nd floor - Millennium Hilton, wrong side of the river
  • Up & Above Restaurant and Lounge - 25th floor - The Okura Prestige, Ploenchit at Wireless
  • Vertigo Restaurant - 61st floor - Banyan Tree, Sathorn

Additional Bangkok Food Threads

Print Wikipost

Dinner and drinks with a view: Bangkok's best rooftop restaurants and bars

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Was just looking through this thread to see if I could get an idea for someplace o go for drinks, and thought I'd add a couple that haven't been mentioned:

• Up & Above Restaurant and Lounge - The Okura Prestige, Ploenchit at Wireless - 25th floor - not a true rooftop place, but a good view and a small outdoor terrace - beautiful setting, exceptional service (even for thailand) - I've only had drinks in the lounge, so can't comment on the quality of the restaurant
  • Three Sixty Lounge - Millennium Hilton - 32nd floor - not amazing, but they have live entertainment Tuesday through Sunday nights, and good views - a decent choice if the weather is not outdoor rooftop friendly.

I'd love to keep growing the list in the wiki. Any others we've overlooked?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.bangkok.com/top10-rooftop-bars.htm#
http://www.lifestyleasia.com/bk/en/d...rs-in-bangkok/
http://www.cntraveller.com/recommend...k-rooftop-bars
http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/roof-409-bar.htm
http://www.asia-bars.com/2015/02/sal...p-bar-bangkok/
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG Plat, SQ PPS
For me, nothing beats Vertigo on an uncrowded night at sunset. Since the last time it was 'uncrowded' at sunset was during the early days of the 2006 coup, I've been going to Above 11 on Suk. 11 recently and liking it a lot. I've also been following that with dinner at the very hip and mostly delicious Indian restaurant (Charcoal) downstairs. It's not Gaggan, but of course, nothing is. And speaking of 'uncrowded', thank you San Pellegrino list for making certain I won't ever be getting a table there again...I won't ever be drinking your water again either.

Alternatively, Park Society and Long Table are both great rooftop bars IMHO.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I went to Octave at the Marriott Sukhumvit for the first time this week and enjoyed it quite a bit. Great view, very good service, and from 5-7 p.m. the Happy Hour is 2 for 1 on their "Signature" cocktails (which are all 350-375 thb).

You take the elevator to 45th floor then switch to another elevator to the 48th floor then walk up a flight of stairs to the rooftop bar.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I went to Octave at the Marriott Sukhumvit for the first time this week and enjoyed it quite a bit. Great view, very good service, and from 5-7 p.m. the Happy Hour is 2 for 1 on their "Signature" cocktails (which are all 350-375 thb).

You take the elevator to 45th floor then switch to another elevator to the 48th floor then walk up a flight of stairs to the rooftop bar.
You can actually walk up from 45th floor.

:-)
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Allvest
You can actually walk up from 45th floor.

:-)
Ooh, ouch, you got me. Zing. Feel better now?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Ooh, ouch, you got me. Zing. Feel better now?
Just sayin'. It's a nice climb up to the rooftop
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat/ UA Gold/ Marriott Platinum
How is the food at Octave?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kraftwagen
How is the food at Octave?
Not Michelin Star but quite decent.

Their seafood tower is good enough for four people.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat/ UA Gold/ Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Allvest
Not Michelin Star but quite decent.

Their seafood tower is good enough for four people.
Thanks will check out the bar this weekend.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: SPG lifeplat, AAEXP, UA1K
Rooftop Bars near Westin/Sheraton Sukhumvit

Going to Bangkok tomorrow for 4 nights and staying at the Westin&Sheraton Sukhumvit...wondering if there are good bars (rooftop preferred) close by. I am 28/m traveling solo, so places with a good crowd would also be a plus.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:14 pm

^^^^^ Above 11 is probably the closest. Long Table isn't far. Marriott 57 may be the easiest - 2 stops on BTS.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:43 am

I've never been to both but heard that Vertigo is a indeed fine rooftop resto. One of the best in BKK. I've been to Zeppelin on Sukhumvit. Posh, laid back, food was ok but the prices are affordable so couldn't really complain. Red Sky is also worth checking out.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by haascc6
Going to Bangkok tomorrow for 4 nights and staying at the Westin&Sheraton Sukhumvit...wondering if there are good bars (rooftop preferred) close by. I am 28/m traveling solo, so places with a good crowd would also be a plus.

Thanks!
The Sofitel is very close to your hotel location. They have a lovely view from the rooftop bar/restaurant. If you want to meet people, go to the Beer Vault on soi 15, at the Sheraton Four Points. Lobby level, not rooftop. Fun place.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by sim510
The Sofitel is very close to your hotel location. They have a lovely view from the rooftop bar/restaurant. If you want to meet people, go to the Beer Vault on soi 15, at the Sheraton Four Points. Lobby level, not rooftop. Fun place.
Went to Beer Vault once. Small enclosed space, vastly overpriced beer, a Happy Hour that brings the price of crappy Thai beer into line with "normal" prices of crappy Thai beer in other Bangkok bars...needless to say, I didn't stay.

Might be a great place to meet people, might be fun. At prices that are high even for Bangkok - and with no rooftop view - I'll pass every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.