Search

Which Hilton property in Bangkok?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Which Hilton property in Bangkok?

Hi all,

I and my wife are planning a trip to BKK.
We'll stay at Hilton, but which? Millennium or Sukhumvit?

We are interested in temples, shopping and so on.
Then, we would like to find easily restaurant in the evening for dinner.

At last, a day trip to Ayutthaya or Sukhothai.

Which has the best location for tourists? (first time in BKK).

Thanks
Marco

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:52 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
IMHO the Hilton Sukhumvit.

The Millennium is out of the way and harder to get to and from.

When staying at Hilton Sukhumvit don't forget that the DoubleTree by Hilton is literally out the back (i.e. about 50 metres) if you need to do a mattress run.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks...and what about DT (near the Hilton?)
Price are much lower (I am still blue level)
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
If you don't hold higher tier status, why on earth stick to Hilton in a city like Bangkok?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hvr
IMHO the Hilton Sukhumvit.

The Millennium is out of the way and harder to get to and from.
Agree with the above. Once had a colleague staying at the Hilton across the river and it was the proverbial pain in the butt to get to/from his hotel.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Ok, thanks...and what about DT (near the Hilton?)
Price are much lower (I am still blue level)
DT near the Hilton Sukhumvit is very, very nice. Almost brand new, slightly less expensive, wonderful customer service, IMO.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by eastnortheast
Agree with the above. Once had a colleague staying at the Hilton across the river and it was the proverbial pain in the butt to get to/from his hotel.
If you're visiting the temples like the OP, though, being on the river at the Millennium isn't so bad, since you can use the ferries to get to them.

That being said, yeah, if you want to be on Sukhumvit for restaurants/malls, the Hilton Sukhumvit/DT properties are the obvious choice.

Originally Posted by remymartin
If you don't hold higher tier status, why on earth stick to Hilton in a city like Bangkok?
+1

Unless there's a killer deal/points redemption/status requalification involved, sticking to Western chains limits options and likely inflates prices. Bangkok is full of great local hotel options...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Because if I will stay at Hilton BKK I will reach the Silver status with that stay

I am also interested in a B&B+DINNER package.
How is dinner? I mean, I pay dinner in my rate, then what can I choose at restaurant? Entree, main course, what else? How much?

Thanks for all other answers

Last edited by MarcoGT; Feb 4, 2014 at 1:52 am
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Because if I will stay at Hilton BKK I will reach the Silver status with that stay

How is dinner? I mean, I pay dinner in my rate, then what can I choose at restaurant? Entree, main course, what else? How much?

You may want to look at the Hilton site here on Flyertalk. There are ways to get Gold status with four stays. If you can do that before your trip you would get some pretty nice perks.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

Hilton Silver isn't all that. A very mild bonus on points and some really minor benefits. It's simply not worth much of a premium to stick yourself with a Western chain unless you're getting something like HH Gold or Diamond out of the deal (and as stated, there are ways to get it through challenges, credit cards, or even outright buying it, some competing websites to FT will sell you a package including HH Gold).

Sticking yourself with hotel dinners and a Western hotel chain in someplace like Bangkok is kind of a shame, but I admit, you are the kind of customer hotels love (since they can totally soak you on the pricing end as a way to maximize your convenience), and your existence is what lets me get some great bargains sometimes...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hello,

which Hilton property in Bangkok is best for New Year's Eve?

Currently booked at Hilton Sukhumvit.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
For NYE I would stay at the Hilton Millennium, or any of the hotels along the river front. Staying at the Hilton Millenium in bkk is like staying at Time Square in NY. Hilton Millennium is close to all the popular tourist sights (wat phra kaew, wat pho, grand palance, wat arun, chao phraya river, etc), while the Hilton Sukhumvit is located in what I like to call the more honest part of Bangkok. With that said, if you don't have to stay at the Hilton, there are many more choices of hotels.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Please see the existing http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...?highlight=Tha thread in the Hilton forum. Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.