Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel for BKK stopover

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hotel for BKK stopover

I'm flying into BKK at 7:30pm and will be departing for USM the next morning at 7:45am. Does anyone have a recommendation of a close hotel to spend the night? Heard some terrible reviews about the boutique hotels right by airport. Not sure if I should just stay somewhere like Le Meridian, where I'll be staying after USM, or if its best to stay close by the airport due to early morning flight.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am not one of those snarky "do a search" monsters but you should check the other threads on this subject. In your case it is a matter of personal preference as you could easily go either way as you have a good amount of time really. I personally do not think you save that much time staying at an airport property unless you are at the Novotel as your flight is early and it should take no more than 30 minutes from a hotel in town to drop off. If you stay at a airport hotel you maybe save 15 minutes or so? There is of course the cost of the taxi (although you could do the train when you arrive which would be cheaper).

So, it is really a matter of personal choice, IMO.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
We recently stayed at Princess Suvarnabhumi Airport Residence in Lad Krabang.

Clean, simple and cheap. You get what you pay for. 700 THB per night including breakfast and transfer from and to the airport. If you don'T mind a (very) firm mattress, I definately can recommend it for an overnight stay.

You can find my review (in german) at vielfliegertreff.de.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We recently stayed at Novotel BKK (Thai Airways flight from DPS was supposed to arrive around 7:30 but we were very late anyway) and departed at 5:55AM the next day. You really have enough time to go into Bangkok, particularly because traffic won't be bad that early in the morning - especially if you stay right near the expressway. That being said, the restaurant inside Novotel was fine and the room was fine for the night. We took the shuttle to the airport since the internal corridor was a little sketchy looking and we arrived in less than 5 minutes. Hotel personnel was very helpful with loading baggage into and out of shuttle, and shuttle was very easy to find outside airport.

Edited to add: We stayed at Le Meridien when we first arrived in Bangkok for 2 nights. It is right off the expressway and with no traffic it was 30-40 minutes from the hotel to the airport first thing in the AM.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
We've stayed at the Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi on three occassions and while not cheapest [still <$100USD, we've stayed at a couple sub 1000bht joints too] it's nice: reliable, free shuttle waiting for you outside baggage included in room, brand new looking rooms all in great shape, eats within walking distance not to mention restaurant in hotel, free wifi, English speaking staff. Not much else around and takes about 10 min by hotel van but really quiet for airport location.

Last edited by CaptRobPhD; Apr 12, 2013 at 7:43 am
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Novotel is quite nice and there's a new underground walkway that will get you there in 3-4 minutes. Nice pool and spa. OK food. It's a little pricey though if you're on a tight budget.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:03 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Anyone have any experience with the Sinsuvarn Airport Suites? I have a flight into BKK from PVG arriving about 9PM (leaving PVG at 5:25PM on TG so assuming it will be delayed for ATC or ???,) and fly out of BKK at 8:10AM on a JL flight. Agoda had this place for US$24.52 all in including RT airport transfers, and the photos looked good and rated it 4 stars. Decent reviews also. Breakfast was US$4 more, but passed since I think I need to get to the airport early and can use the airport lounge, probably CX.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by rbAA
Anyone have any experience with the Sinsuvarn Airport Suites? I have a flight into BKK from PVG arriving about 9PM (leaving PVG at 5:25PM on TG so assuming it will be delayed for ATC or ???,) and fly out of BKK at 8:10AM on a JL flight. Agoda had this place for US$24.52 all in including RT airport transfers, and the photos looked good and rated it 4 stars. Decent reviews also. Breakfast was US$4 more, but passed since I think I need to get to the airport early and can use the airport lounge, probably CX.
I'm interested as well, I'd be looking at an early AM departure in January on TG connecting to NH (BKK-NRT-SEA).

Given that the ARL is only starting service at 6 am, it would definitely be taxi from Bangkok, and I'll be in Bangkok at another point during my trip... I'd just as soon crash close to the airport. The plan is to fly from CNX the afternoon/evening before I return to the states, use the DMK-BKK shuttle, and hit a hotel (not the Novotel, the price is lousy and I've seen multiple reports of indifferent service).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.