Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Lounges at BKK

Lounges at BKK

Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Lounges at BKK

Hi, my wife and I are meeting up in BKK next month and she will have about 4 hours to kill. I have checked to see what lounges are available for a pre-paid entry but they seem to only be for passengers travelling on an international flight. She is arriving from LHR but then flying domestic to CNX. All in economy class so no freebie unfortunately.

Can someone recommend a lounge that would suit please?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this thread to the FT Thailand Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by simon1234567
Hi, my wife and I are meeting up in BKK next month and she will have about 4 hours to kill. I have checked to see what lounges are available for a pre-paid entry but they seem to only be for passengers travelling on an international flight. She is arriving from LHR but then flying domestic to CNX. All in economy class so no freebie unfortunately.

Can someone recommend a lounge that would suit please?
She's connecting to a domestic flight so she'd need to head through immigration and enter Thailand. All pax on Bangkok Air gain access to their lounge. If flying Thai then she won't get lounge access. If flying DD or FD she'll need to change airports.

You are correct, there are no pay to enter lounges in the domestic area.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Yes, she is flying Thai Air. I'm really surprised that nothing is available. Is there a specific terminal at BKK for Domestic as I have not been able to find out from the e-ticket which terminal the flight leaves from.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: most of them
yes, the domestic area is separate. I believe it is concourses A and B.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, she is flying Thai Air. I'm really surprised that nothing is available. Is there a specific terminal at BKK for Domestic as I have not been able to find out from the e-ticket which terminal the flight leaves from.
It is not a separate building but rather two concourses partitioned off from the main international area. As glenaa11 mentions they are A and B on the 2nd floor.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you flying as well? International? Domestic?

If not, then you would be limited to any land-side locations. There are a fair amount of restaurants and coffee shops on level 3, land-side, and a food court on level 1, door #10. These areas can be noisy and congested at certain times of the day, but you can find quieter public areas if you look around a bit, especially on level 1 and level B (one below level 1). And, in the main passenger terminal, the hall where people check in, at the back are several levels with an observation deck, and a few other spots.

Was your wife planning on checking bags through to CNX, clearing mid-field Immigration at BKK, and then Customs at CNX?

Obviously, for you to meet her land-side she would have to clear Immigration and Customs in the main-hall, on level 2.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info.

Yes, I'm arriving internationally later that day and we are meeting in BKK before the final flight together to CNX. I'l have to check whether the bags can be checked all the way as we are both flying different airlines into BKK before joining the Thai Air flight. My guess is we'll have to collect then recheck.

I guess if we both get the immigration done asap we can then meet airside. Are there more facilities landside or airside or does it not matter?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the info.

Yes, I'm arriving internationally later that day and we are meeting in BKK before the final flight together to CNX. I'l have to check whether the bags can be checked all the way as we are both flying different airlines into BKK before joining the Thai Air flight. My guess is we'll have to collect then recheck.

I guess if we both get the immigration done asap we can then meet airside. Are there more facilities landside or airside or does it not matter?
What airlines are you flying in on? The experience on this board might give a definitive answer one way or another.

Also, there are many more resto choices streetside on floor 3 than you'll find in the domestic area. Although there is a food court domestically.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the info.

As your wife is on TG for LHR-BKK-CNX, she can definitely check any bags through to CNX, clear mid-field Immigration at BKK, proceed to the domestic departures area, then retrieve bags at CNX and clear Customs there. I think this might the easiest, quickest and recommended path, unless there are some other details we are missing.

There may be a good chance that you could also check bags through to CNX, but that would depend on your airline for XXX-BKK. TG does have interline agreements with many of the major carriers.

If you and your wife can get boarding cards for BKK-CNX at LHR and XXX then this saves going to the transfer counter.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/p...ic_noBD_en.php

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/p..._withBD_en.php

There are some restaurants/shops on the 4th floor at the A/B concourse intersection available to domestic departing passengers.

Are you perhaps eligible for TG lounge entry? TG does have a lounge for domestic passengers on level 2, concourse A. You could bring your wife as a guest.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transpac

There are some restaurants/shops on the 4th floor at the A/B concourse intersection available to domestic departing passengers.
Fourth floor? I think you meant 2nd floor on the domestic level.

OP, there is also, should you be required to pick up bags and exit through customs in BKK, a food court street side on the 1st floor near Door 7.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

That's all great info folks, thanks. The wife is unfortunately flying a BA/QF codeshare LHR-BKK, as am I for SYD-BKK. TG is simply for the last domestic part of the trip. I doubt I would qualify for their lounge as my UA miles are the only ones that are recognised by Thai and there's simply not enough of them to get me past the first level.

We'll look into the landside Level 2 choices - at least if she is thru immigration she can wander thru. Hopefully she won't spend too much of my money!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it sounds like you have decided it is best for both of you to clear Immigration in one of the two main arriving Immigration Halls at BKK, claim any checked bags, clear Customs, head up to level 4 to check-in with TG, then maybe meet land-side? After which you will clear domestic departures security to access the domestic departures air-side area?

Or are you going to check your bags through to CNX - this should be possible at both LHR and SYD - clear mid-field Immigration at BKK, get boarding cards for BKK-CNX at the transfer counter, then meet in the domestic departures air-side area?

Both processes are detailed in the links I provided.

Land-side there are restaurants and coffee shops on level 3, and Level B (airport rail-link), while there is a prepaid food court on level 1 near door #10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.