Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - Hua Hin transfer questions and answers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BKK - Hua Hin transfer questions and answers

Need to get from BKK to Hua Hin with wife and two small kids (car seats may be a good idea given the distance).
What companies are recommended and what's considered a reasonable rate? Most seem to quote in 2500-3500 range on their sites. Is prepayment normally required?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:36 am

consider taking the train. it is cheap and uncomplicated, you can buy tickets online, and the kids will probably enjoy it more.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:40 pm

Are you trying to get from the BKK airport or leaving from downtown BKK?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Airport. Hyatt shuttle is not an option.
Trains while fun seem unpredictable and not particularly prompt there and getting to and from train station on both ends is a pain with family and luggage.
Door to door shuttle would probably work best from what I understand.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Can thouroughly recommend these

http://www.orientalescape.com/thaila...fer/index.html
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Usually stay in Hyatt or go into town and go down with them, but have caught a taxi from the airport for 3000b and next time hired one of those touts in the baggage collections who have the old volvos and that cost the same. As there were 3 of us, it was extremely fast, we thought it was good. Ensure you tell them where you want to go, many only go to the PO. I don't like our company cards going over the net, so I don't pre pay anything
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A new service beginning 29 Nov.:

http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/

I have taken the train, from Hua Lumphong to Hua Hin; a bus from Hua Hin to the Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai); a taxi from Bangkok; a private van (Innova) from Hua Hin to Bangkok; a mini-van from Victory Monument to Hua Hin; driven between Cha Am and Bangkok ~ 6 times.

I would not recommend the train, bus, mini-van or taxi for a family of four.

Personally, I would look for one or more personal references, like ExpatSomchai's, re: a private car/van; I would not pre-pay. Unfortunately I lost the contact details re: the van I took a more than a year ago. You could take your chances, and arrange transport on arrival, outside Customs on level 2. I'd say there is a 95% chance you could get a decent van, for a reasonable price.

I go to the airport often - especially with the 20 baht mid-day City Line service - so will attempt to get some more detail re: van service, and follow-up. I'll also ask a Thai colleague to check out some Thai forums.

This service has been recommended by some: http://www.bangkokshuttle.com/
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Sorry to jump in the thread. My wife and I will be going from Park Plaza BK to the Sheraton Hua Hin in 1/13. I also have to arrange transportation back and forth. I was going to post similar thread. My brother said when he did it he checked with the Hotel. But I"m still looking for options. Thanks
Thanks I've contacted them by E-mail with the dates. Should have prices in 24 hrs.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Dec 4, 2012 at 6:44 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Sorry to jump in the thread. My wife and I will be going from Park Plaza BK to the Sheraton Hua Hin in 1/13. I also have to arrange transportation back and forth.
Is it just the two of you? A normal amount of luggage? Any special requirements? You could just chat up a taxi driver during your stay in Bangkok, and ask him to transport you for a fixed fee, say 2,000 - 2,500 baht.

At the Sheraton there are cars/drivers just outside the main entrance, in that small business district, who can transport you back to Bangkok, for 2,500 baht, or less. We stayed at a smallish 'boutique" hotel nearby, Cher Resort, and found a decent driver there.

Just north of the Sheraton is a decent, large seafood restaurant on the beach, Pla Tu (Bah Do). Also, make sure you go to Mrigadayavan Palace.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 4:12 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I just went the opposite direction on Sunday. The hotel wanted 5400 THB, AOT 4300 THB, hotel offered to find someone for THB 3500, the guy in front of the Hyatt gate arranged for me a driver for THB 2500 all-in.

The car was a new Camry. The driver was from Bangkok and in a typical driver's uniform. The guy that came with him to the hotel to make sure we got off ok had an Avis shirt.

Very happy with the service. Not sure if he can arrange child car seats.

Driver calls himself Mike and his number is +66 8 82752898

The place in front of the Hyatt that arranged it can be reached at +66 8 3693 2239
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
Is it just the two of you? A normal amount of luggage? Any special requirements? You could just chat up a taxi driver during your stay in Bangkok, and ask him to transport you for a fixed fee, say 2,000 - 2,500 baht.

At the Sheraton there are cars/drivers just outside the main entrance, in that small business district, who can transport you back to Bangkok, for 2,500 baht, or less. We stayed at a smallish 'boutique" hotel nearby, Cher Resort, and found a decent driver there.

Just north of the Sheraton is a decent, large seafood restaurant on the beach, Pla Tu (Bah Do). Also, make sure you go to Mrigadayavan Palace.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I just went the opposite direction on Sunday. The hotel wanted 5400 THB, AOT 4300 THB, hotel offered to find someone for THB 3500, the guy in front of the Hyatt gate arranged for me a driver for THB 2500 all-in.

The car was a new Camry. The driver was from Bangkok and in a typical driver's uniform. The guy that came with him to the hotel to make sure we got off ok had an Avis shirt.

Very happy with the service. Not sure if he can arrange child car seats.

Driver calls himself Mike and his number is +66 8 82752898

The place in front of the Hyatt that arranged it can be reached at +66 8 3693 2239

Yes it would be just the two. Probably 2 suitcases and 2 carry ons. Yes that's what I had hoped to do. I'll also keep Mikes # thanks for all the help and tips on restaurants. It's our 44th wedding anniversary and I want to get everything right. The only thing left is the transportation between our stay in BK and Hua Hin. I may use the restaurant on that day. I'm making this hard for what to do on the 45th. Maybe a overseas softball tournament. lol Thanks Jim

Last edited by jjmiller69; Dec 5, 2012 at 7:09 pm
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by transpac

I've read more of your posts on Thailand and thank you for being a FT member and helping others. It's been 7 years since we've been to Thailand and I know many things have changed, including the airport. We did alot of tours to see the country last time, this time we're going to relax and enjoy the beautiful country. If I ever was going to be a expat Thailand would be #1 on my list. The people are just wonderful. Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I've used this person in the past and using him again in 10 days for THB 3600 for a roundtrip transfer between BKK airport and Cha-Am in a Camry - [email protected].
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Eventually booked a minivan for 3300 OW from http://www.huahin-limousine.com/ as they included 2 free carseats and agreed that I would pay the driver.
All places i contacted were very prompt to respond.

New bus service mentioned by transpac would be a backup.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:33 am

Question BKK-Hua Hin transfer

Hi

Back to Thailand again at the end of the month. We are going to Hua Hin and want to transfer directly from BKK. Hotel we are staying at is quoting about THB4,000 for one way transfer. I'm sure it could be cheaper than that.

Any suggestions for transfer services and rough costs.

Also, idea on timing to get from BKK to Hua Hin? We arrive at 20.45. Three hours maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.