Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

2 Nights in Bangkok and the world's your oyster...

Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold

I have 2 nights in Bangkok at the end of September. Does anyone know of a hotel chain that has a promo possibly for points or points and cash? I am a member of Club Carlson (gold elite), Priority Club (platinum elite), Best Western (diamond elite), Hilton (gold elite), and Marriott (not elite). I prefer to stay in the Sukhumvit area if possible or anything that can easily access the Skytrain or subway systems.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
The Conrad Hotel is available at the end of september for points and for points & money.

The points & money reward is 17.500 points + 1.843 THB ++

The hotel is located at Wireless Road but it's easy to get to BTS station Ploenchit
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by olisch
The Conrad Hotel is available at the end of september for points and for points & money.

The points & money reward is 17.500 points + 1.843 THB ++

The hotel is located at Wireless Road but it's easy to get to BTS station Ploenchit
Which would go with this

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Quarte...ecials&lang=EN
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by iang000
I have 2 nights in Bangkok at the end of September. Does anyone know of a hotel chain that has a promo possibly for points or points and cash? I am a member of Club Carlson (gold elite), Priority Club (platinum elite), Best Western (diamond elite), Hilton (gold elite), and Marriott (not elite). I prefer to stay in the Sukhumvit area if possible or anything that can easily access the Skytrain or subway systems.
Forgive the snark, but if you're a statused member of these programs shouldn't you know which ones have a points & cash option?

Additionally a quick search of the hotels from a particular program would give you all the info you need.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
You know what I hate? I hate people who don't stick to the topic of a thread...
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know what I hate? I hate people who don't stick to the topic of a thread...

Seriously? How difficult would it have been to spend 2 minutes looking at the Club Carlson site? One search for Bangkok would have given you the answer that you've yet to receive here in several hours of this thread being extant.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Check the Carlson properties for Cash and Point availability. When/if you find them, check the Carlson forum for property reviews. I know that properties in the area you want are available in August for cash and points; I don't know for your specific dates.

The Conrad is easy walking distance from Sukhumvit and might have cash and point stays. Again, it requires checking your specific dates.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

"Question: I don't have a deal to post but am looking for a deal. Should I post my request here?

No. The Hotel Deals forum is not the right place to inquire about the best rate at a specific property or to find out "Where should I stay in Paris?" Please visit the appropriate geographic or hotel chain forum to post requests for assistance or advice."

How difficult would it be to relax your fingers and just chill while I ask something that this forum was designed for?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months

How difficult would it be to relax your fingers and just chill while I ask something that this forum was designed for?

Try and do your homework before coming to class

Soarer
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For whatever reason this reminds me of a commercial in my youth: At Sim's an educated consumer is our best customer.

You come here having done nothing to answer your own question. How about using your fingers and getting an underlying basis of knowledge on your own before posting a query?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by soarer
Try and do your homework before coming to class

Soarer
+ 1 ^
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Bangkok might not be the best place to burn points on hotels, unless you have a tight budget and want to stretch cash (and even then, if you're willing to venture outside the big chains, you'll find things to be quite reasonably priced). It's not that hard to find luxury accommodations at $100/night, and quite decent stuff for less than USA Motel 6/Super8 prices.

That being said, the Club Carlson properties, as mentioned by SanDiego1K, will probably meet your needs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.