Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport or Train to/From BKK on a Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Airport or Train to/From BKK on a Weekend

I am staying at a hotel on Soi 18 and its pretty close to Asoke and Sukhumvit stations. I arrive on a Saturday night around 9 PM and leave the next sunday morning around 8:30 AM for the airport. What is traffic like on the weekends? Does the train run less often on the weekends?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can review the weekday and weekend SARL schedules here:

http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/index.html

I think the Express to Makkasan may still be out of service?

Traffic, if considering a taxi, should not impact your journey given the days of week, time of day.

While there is an overhead enclosed walkway in/around Asoke interconnecting the Skytrain (BTS) and Subway (MRT) you may still have an unsheltered walk near/down Soi 18. It is rainy season now so remember to pack waders and an umbrella if you plan to walk from the MRT/BTS.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:48 pm

traffic @ night on weekends on bangkok

traffic at night on the weekends in the nightclub hotspot zones can be pretty bad.

otherwise you'll be ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.