Breakfast Buffet Recommendations - Chitlom Area

Subscribe
Hi there, will be staying at Holiday Inn (Ploenchit Road) and was wondering which other hotels you can reccomend for enjoying a nice breakfast buffet in walking/skytrain distance from the hotel?

From my research the following seem to be nice.
1) Four Seasons
2) Plaza Athenee
3) Intercontinenal

Any preference one those or even better recommendations?

Thanks!
Quote: Hi there, will be staying at Holiday Inn (Ploenchit Road) and was wondering which other hotels you can reccomend for enjoying a nice breakfast buffet in walking/skytrain distance from the hotel?

From my research the following seem to be nice.
1) Four Seasons
2) Plaza Athenee
3) Intercontinenal

Any preference one those or even better recommendations?

Thanks!
The Intercontinental is adjacent to the Holiday Inn. As I recall, you don't even have to go outside to go from one hotel to the other.
The Landmark does a good spread at a reasonable price and excellent coffee. There is also an English Pub in the basement with a live band which does reasonable food but has an excellent Happy Hour.
My vote goes to the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

OK, a few stops with the skytrain to Asok, but then it's directly connected to the station, no need to even go to the street level.

I find choice and quality of the food unbeatable. Just about everything seems as fresh, colorful and tasteful as you can imagine.
Service is very friendly and efficient, sometimes even a bit too efficient.

The SGS breakfast buffet is one of the reasons why I still consider switching an upcoming reservation from the new shiny Sivatel to the slightly dated SGS.

Cannot comment on the Four Seasons or Plaza Athenee, but I heard not too good comments on the Intercontinetnal.
Here's a third vote for the SGS - well worth the Skytrain ride.
Quote: Cannot comment on the Four Seasons or Plaza Athenee, but I heard not too good comments on the Intercontinetnal.
I stayed there for 10 nights in Fall 2010. I thought the buffet was very good. I have not been to the other places, so I can't comment.

The Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn are directly at the Ploenchit station. So the skytrain to Asok is not much of a trip (2 stops??).
I agree that the food at the SGS is superb. However when it gets busy the service can totally collapse as the staff get overwhelmed by the number of customers.
Thanks
Hey guys,

many thanks for your good recommendations, I knew that I'll find good advise here

As we have two nights in the hotel, we will certainly have breakfast at SGS once.

The second breakfast we will decide spontaneously. As I heard a lot of good things about Plaza Athenee, we'll maybe try that one.

Thanks everyone!
The SGS, Plaza Athenee, and Renaissance all have great breakfast buffets, yet are quite different. SGS probably has the fanciest items (like smoked salmon and capers). I like the Renaissance for the juicing station, the service, the oven to heat pastries, and the wide selection. I liked the Plaza Athenee for the quality and the fact that they had a lot of lunch-type items (baked salmon, etc.). The lunch buffet at the WGS was my overall favorite, though it wasn't a breakfast buffet.