Bangkok hotel oversupply article

Subscribe
There's an interesting little article in the Bangkok Post on the current oversupply of hotel rooms in the city
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...a-pathnadabutr

I have also been baffled by the sheer number of hotels and new projects in the city and how they can all stay in business. But the article notes that occupancy is decent on an average basis anyway. It's great for us visitors as it keeps rates ridiculously cheap.
Definitely no oversupply from customer point of view! Build more! ^
Nice article, thanks
The "oversupply" of hotel rooms of one by favourite things about Bangkok. It means that you can always get a very good 4* or lower end 5* for bargain prices by international standards.

I also tend to avoid the international chains as they tend to set their prices by what they think the international traveller tends to pay elsewhere.
Quote: I also tend to avoid the international chains as they tend to set their prices by what they think the international traveller tends to pay elsewhere.
No doubt!!
Quote: The "oversupply" of hotel rooms of one by favourite things about Bangkok. It means that you can always get a very good 4* or lower end 5* for bargain prices by international standards.

I also tend to avoid the international chains as they tend to set their prices by what they think the international traveller tends to pay elsewhere.
I think they're lower too. No bargain though. You're right there. wj
Quote: I think they're lower too. No bargain though. You're right there. wj
Maybe marginally lower than the international base rate but if you compare what you get in a Hilton or Holiday Inn in BKK with a 4* independent or regional hotels then the difference is huge.