Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok hotel oversupply article

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
Bangkok hotel oversupply article

There's an interesting little article in the Bangkok Post on the current oversupply of hotel rooms in the city
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...a-pathnadabutr

I have also been baffled by the sheer number of hotels and new projects in the city and how they can all stay in business. But the article notes that occupancy is decent on an average basis anyway. It's great for us visitors as it keeps rates ridiculously cheap.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:51 am

Definitely no oversupply from customer point of view! Build more! ^
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:39 pm

Nice article, thanks
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
The "oversupply" of hotel rooms of one by favourite things about Bangkok. It means that you can always get a very good 4* or lower end 5* for bargain prices by international standards.

I also tend to avoid the international chains as they tend to set their prices by what they think the international traveller tends to pay elsewhere.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Camflyer
I also tend to avoid the international chains as they tend to set their prices by what they think the international traveller tends to pay elsewhere.
No doubt!!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Camflyer
The "oversupply" of hotel rooms of one by favourite things about Bangkok. It means that you can always get a very good 4* or lower end 5* for bargain prices by international standards.

I think they're lower too. No bargain though. You're right there. wj
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I think they're lower too. No bargain though. You're right there. wj
Maybe marginally lower than the international base rate but if you compare what you get in a Hilton or Holiday Inn in BKK with a 4* independent or regional hotels then the difference is huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.