Transfer procedures in Bangkok

Subscribe
Hi everyone,
I am travelling to Cambodja next month. I will change flights in Bangkok. I am arriving with Emirates and I bought the connecting flight to Siem Reap with Bangkok Airways.
My question: Do I need to go through customs when I arrive in Bangkok? Or can I just check in at a transfer desk (if there is one) and go to the gate? I bought the tickets separately, so they are not in the same itinerary and I wont have any checked bag (if Emirates allows me take my small backpack in the cabin). I am Brazilian and I dont need a visa for Thailand. Since I am leaving Sao Paulo on Friday and arriving in Bangkok one day later, I don't know if online check in for the Bangkok Airways flight will be opened.
If I do need to pass the thai customs, is there a problem because I am leaving the country in 3 hours?
Thanks for the reply!
Greetings and regards from Sao Paulo!
Adriano
Quote: Hi everyone,
I am travelling to Cambodja next month. I will change flights in Bangkok. I am arriving with Emirates and I bought the connecting flight to Siem Reap with Bangkok Airways.
My question: Do I need to go through customs when I arrive in Bangkok? Or can I just check in at a transfer desk (if there is one) and go to the gate? I bought the tickets separately, so they are not in the same itinerary and I wont have any checked bag (if Emirates allows me take my small backpack in the cabin). I am Brazilian and I dont need a visa for Thailand. Since I am leaving Sao Paulo on Friday and arriving in Bangkok one day later, I don't know if online check in for the Bangkok Airways flight will be opened.
If I do need to pass the thai customs, is there a problem because I am leaving the country in 3 hours?
Thanks for the reply!
Greetings and regards from Sao Paulo!
Adriano
YOu won't be able to check in online in any circumstance because PG doesn't allow web check in for international pax. If you don't have any checked baggage then just go to the east transfer desk on Floor 3 (you'll arrive on floor 2) and check in for your flight.

If you have a bag you'll need to go through immigration, get your bag and head up to Floor 4 to check in unless you can interline the bag.
@dsquared37

Thanks for the help! ^
You may already know this, but just be aware that since you purchased the tickets separately, if your flight to Bangkok is delayed and you do not make your connection you are not guaranteed any assistance on the flight to Cambodia.

Hopefully you have ample time between your arrival in Bangkok and your flight to Cambodia.

Have a great trip.