Wiki Posts
Search

Best Books for Travel to Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Best Books for Travel to Thailand

New to the flyer talk forum.

My fiance' and I are going to Bangkok for a few days, Tokyo for a few days, and Thailand for a little over a week for our honeymoon.

I am wondering what the best travel books are? I don't mind getting books for all three places, but it would be great to have one that I could bring with us on the trip for reference. We are both into trying good food not necessarily on the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by robjk
New to the flyer talk forum.

My fiance' and I are going to Bangkok for a few days, Tokyo for a few days, and Thailand for a little over a week for our honeymoon.

I am wondering what the best travel books are? I don't mind getting books for all three places, but it would be great to have one that I could bring with us on the trip for reference. We are both into trying good food not necessarily on the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any input.
I've used Lonely planer for years* but found they've been getting sloppier and cutting corners more and more. Not sure if that's because they've been trying to put out new editions yearly or because i've become that much more knowledgeable about the areas and find their mistakes more readily.

Be warned, finding a book that combines multiple locations necessitates that book gives less info on each locale.

*I'm neither recommending for, nor against, LP books.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.