Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 23, 11, 10:30 am   #1

Best Books for Travel to Thailand

New to the flyer talk forum.

My fiance' and I are going to Bangkok for a few days, Tokyo for a few days, and Thailand for a little over a week for our honeymoon.

I am wondering what the best travel books are? I don't mind getting books for all three places, but it would be great to have one that I could bring with us on the trip for reference. We are both into trying good food not necessarily on the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any input.
robjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 7:35 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), PG Premier, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjk View Post
New to the flyer talk forum.

My fiance' and I are going to Bangkok for a few days, Tokyo for a few days, and Thailand for a little over a week for our honeymoon.

I am wondering what the best travel books are? I don't mind getting books for all three places, but it would be great to have one that I could bring with us on the trip for reference. We are both into trying good food not necessarily on the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any input.
I've used Lonely planer for years* but found they've been getting sloppier and cutting corners more and more. Not sure if that's because they've been trying to put out new editions yearly or because i've become that much more knowledgeable about the areas and find their mistakes more readily.

Be warned, finding a book that combines multiple locations necessitates that book gives less info on each locale.

*I'm neither recommending for, nor against, LP books.
dsquared37 is offline   Reply With Quote