Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Today the immigration officers at arrival fast track were insisting on the invitation, even from those arriving off TG J. Those without were being redirected to the regular lines. Previously I was able to use fast track arrivals simply with a TG F or C boarding pass.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:36 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
TG 795 was handing out Fasttrack to all business pax as of a few days ago. But the lines were quite short
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
No Fastrack yesterday checking in at Thai airlines Gold section for Thai flight to China,

She said only Biz class got them !

I am 1K united , flight was a FF flight to USA thru China

lines at regular immigration at 9am was about 8 people per line and went pretty fast,

RB
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
No Fastrack yesterday checking in at Thai airlines Gold section for Thai flight to China,

She said only Biz class got them !

I am 1K united , flight was a FF flight to USA thru China

lines at regular immigration at 9am was about 8 people per line and went pretty fast,

RB
That's correct. TG First/Biz international passengers have a dedicated immigration area. Star Golds flying Y class on TG not allowed--they must use regular queues with no Fastrack passes given. Premium passengers on other airlines also must use regular immigration area (not TG premium immigration area) but depending on airline, can get Fasttrack pass. These policies aren't new.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jiejie
That's correct. TG First/Biz international passengers have a dedicated immigration area. Star Golds flying Y class on TG not allowed--they must use regular queues with no Fastrack passes given. Premium passengers on other airlines also must use regular immigration area (not TG premium immigration area) but depending on airline, can get Fasttrack pass. These policies aren't new.
So no fast track for me and family in Y with LH Senator Status?
We arrive next saturday at 1:15pm and fly out at 2:15am... 3 weeks later
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
So no fast track for me and family in Y with LH Senator Status?
We arrive next saturday at 1:15pm and fly out at 2:15am... 3 weeks later
Are you flying Thai ? if so probably not ,
If you are flying Lufthansa then maybe when you are leaving , United gives me a Fast Track when leaving as a 1K , but I never got one on arrival in Y

RB
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
Are you flying Thai ? if so probably not ,
If you are flying Lufthansa then maybe when you are leaving , United gives me a Fast Track when leaving as a 1K , but I never got one on arrival in Y

RB
MS (EgyptAir)
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan
The arrival and departure experience at BKK with TG F is absolutely fantastic. So if you can swing that I'd highly recommend it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
NH if traveling in C. Perhaps also if you're NH Diamond. Both inbound/outbound.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
EVA has just started giving out Fast Track passes to their C passengers as well. Note that top tier elites (Diamonds) who are not in C are not eligible.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:20 pm

Just wanting to check, anyone know if Bangkok Airways gives out fast track?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by theworld
Just wanting to check, anyone know if Bangkok Airways gives out fast track?
They do not to their statused pax. I've not heard of them doing so for C pax, but I've never flown C so can't say.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
They do not to their statused pax. I've not heard of them doing so for C pax, but I've never flown C so can't say.
OK, thanks! I'm flying C with them to Male next month. Will report back.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by theworld
OK, thanks! I'm flying C with them to Male next month. Will report back.
My money is firmly planted on no fast track.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RoninTech
The arrival and departure experience at BKK with TG F is absolutely fantastic. So if you can swing that I'd highly recommend it.
Yeah, it's the onboard experience which doesn't really measure up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.