Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: The Embassy
Inbound on TG from PEK, was advised to simply show my boarding pass to the immigration person. In the end the normal one was empty so I just went there instead. Wonder if they really *are* phasing it out, if even TG are being stingy with them
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
. . . . if even TG are being stingy with them
It has been mentioned before that TG pax have only been required to show their boarding pass, maybe even on this thread. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Inbound on TG from PEK, was advised to simply show my boarding pass to the immigration person. In the end the normal one was empty so I just went there instead. Wonder if they really *are* phasing it out, if even TG are being stingy with them
TG used to give out a purple pass but that was prior to the current iteration. Since the amber passes were instituted TG has never given them but has instead allowed pax to access fast track using their premium cabin BP.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: The Embassy
OK, updated the wiki to reflect. I've also updated it to add names for the airlines I knew off the top of my head, as not every reader is going to be geeky like us!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:40 pm

I've also updated it to add names for the airlines I knew off the top of my head, as not every reader is going to be geeky like us!
I've added the rest.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Received Fast Track as arrival on ANA in J last week. Updated Wiki.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:51 pm

On a recent SQ flight the purser was handing out ~5 to each passenger so we stocked up.

What I also recently learned is that BOI visa holders can use it all the time. ^ Although they don't let you use the "Priority" queue in DMK though.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
KE has long given FastTrack upon departure. On a recent inbound flight, I was pleased to receive them on board for use on arrival. Other pax left them on the seats when disembarking, so we scooped up a few extras. will update wiki.

Last edited by MegatopLover; Apr 29, 2016 at 6:16 am
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:04 pm

HX now offers Fast Track both ways.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Arrived in J on British Airways BA9 last week. Another J passenger asked when doors were open "do you have fast track passes?".

Cabin Service Manager replied BA don't provide fast track at Bangkok.

Can anyone confirm this? It wasn't the case in Feb....I think it's just a misinformed crew and the passes will be trashed away in a box somewhere.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by manymany
Arrived in J on British Airways BA9 last week. Another J passenger asked when doors were open "do you have fast track passes?".

Cabin Service Manager replied BA don't provide fast track at Bangkok.

Can anyone confirm this? It wasn't the case in Feb....I think it's just a misinformed crew and the passes will be trashed away in a box somewhere.
The Wiki disagrees with what you heard from the BA crew.

I've added EY inbound to the Wiki, but a word of warning to those who "save" their passes for future use.

I handed over an EK inbound pass last week and the immigration officer spotted from my TM form I'd arrived on EY and insisted I hand over the correct one. Probably just my bad luck to pick an officer who knew her stuff.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
The Wiki disagrees with what you heard from the BA crew.
I know, I contributed earlier on in the thread...

Plus I've now had it confirmed that on Monday 6th June BA9 the passes WERE handed out with the landing cards only minutes into the flight. Therefore BA have inconsistencies with their crew or crews learning of the route.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
It's intresting that some airlines provide the vouchers on board,some at the jetbridge after landing and yet some give them out at check in at their homebases.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Sixt Plat, Avis Prez Club, Hertz Prez Circ, Nat'l EE
TK and LX DO PROVIDE

I can confirm that Turkish Airlines provides Fast Track passes to inbound intn'l business class passengers. Turkish provided them as soon as we exited the aircraft in BKK. (May 26, 2016)
I can also confirm that SWISS Air provides Fast Track passes to outbound intn'l business class passengers. SWISS provided them during the check-in process. (June 1, 2016)

We had hired a fast track service for our departing flight, but didn't really need it. However I have no regrets -- it was nice to, for the first time, not touch my luggage or carry on bag or even read signs as to where to walk during a short connection at BKK from (USM-BKK-ZRH.) I call that a nice airport relaxation / decompression time! But I probably wouldn't do it again since I generally can spend $70 a bit more effectively on my vacations. But once was an enjoyable experience -- one my facebook friends liked too!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by haarpquake
I can confirm that Turkish Airlines provides Fast Track passes to inbound intn'l business class passengers. Turkish provided them as soon as we exited the aircraft in BKK. (May 26, 2016)
I can also confirm that SWISS Air provides Fast Track passes to outbound intn'l business class passengers. SWISS provided them during the check-in process. (June 1, 2016)
Thanks for the update. I have added these to the wiki.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.