Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Transfer to Air Asia in Bangkok without a visa????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

i'm flying to bangkok on kingfisher airways on the 29th morning....then a few hours later i am flying to kuala lumpur on air asia....

now here is my problem....i did not get a thai visa, thinking that i could always get one on arrival if i needed it....i know i can transfer from kingfisher to air asia without going through immigration, but how do i get my luggage????

i would hate to stand in line to get a visa just so i could go out & get my luggage....would anyone know whether i can get my bags without going through immigration????
Old May 25, 2010, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Air Asia does not interline luggage with any other carrier, sorry, you will have to pick it up.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The downsides of flying on LLC

As above.

You will need to get a visa, pass through immigration, collect your bags, then pass customs, and then go through the whole check-in procedure.

I did this recently BKK-SIN on TG, with a following flight SIN-CGK on JQ. It was a pain to have to collect bags, enter Singapore, wait for checkin to open, and then checkin...

I hope you have allowed enough time.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
And airport tax.
Old May 26, 2010, 1:29 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The OP will not have to pay the airport tax. It will have been collected at purchase by default of it being ex-BKK (2nd ticket)
Old May 26, 2010, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by saad
i know i can transfer from kingfisher to air asia without going through immigration
Really? Air Asia has no transfer facilities as far as I'm aware, so luggage or no luggage, you'll need to pass through immigration and check in again. (Unless you can do online checkin, I suppose.)
Old May 29, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Really? Air Asia has no transfer facilities as far as I'm aware, so luggage or no luggage, you'll need to pass through immigration and check in again. (Unless you can do online checkin, I suppose.)
yes i was talking about an online check-in....
Old May 29, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks for all the replies....one day before my travel air asia cancelled my flight & put me on a later flight the same day....this gave me the oppertunity to cancel my reservation & in the end i flew to kl directly from india....didn't need to go through bangkok or air asia....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im still interested in this as well. Are Air Asia's flights operated out of the main terminal with full-service airlines at BKK? I will be transiting from a Turkish Airlines flight in C class with hand baggage and connecting to an Air Asia flight to HKT. Just wondering if Im going to have to change terminals.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:53 pm

there's only one terminal at BKK

no transfer required. the terminal is HUGE. the Air Asia ticket counters are right next to Thai's on Level 4. all departures/ arrivals are on the same concourses as those of all the other airlines. the transit, though you will have to clear immigration/ customs, should be pretty straight forward...

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im still interested in this as well. Are Air Asia's flights operated out of the main terminal with full-service airlines at BKK? I will be transiting from a Turkish Airlines flight in C class with hand baggage and connecting to an Air Asia flight to HKT. Just wondering if Im going to have to change terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.