Transportation from HKT to Patong Beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transportation from HKT to Patong Beach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:37 am

Where to board the minibus?

Looking for info on where to board the minibus from HKT to Patong Beach. Are they easy to find? And is it a problem if you have a large suitcase?

If it's hassle free in terms of luggage, would prefer the minibus option. Otherwise, between a taxi ride and a car service, I am leaning towards the latter, as there doesn't seem to be much of a cost difference and it would just make life easy having someone waiting to pick you up.

If anyone has any advice, would appreciate it!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by shinjukuflyer
Looking for info on where to board the minibus from HKT to Patong Beach. Are they easy to find? And is it a problem if you have a large suitcase?

If it's hassle free in terms of luggage, would prefer the minibus option. Otherwise, between a taxi ride and a car service, I am leaning towards the latter, as there doesn't seem to be much of a cost difference and it would just make life easy having someone waiting to pick you up.

If anyone has any advice, would appreciate it!
When I was in HKT last year, I saw people boarding the minibus in front of the arrival gates. We had chosen a private car option and used Mr. Chai. You can look him up on Tripadvisor. We used his cars for other trips within the island too. I highly recommend him.

Good luck.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by shinjukuflyer
Minibuses depart from curbside just outside the arrivals hall. 2-3 ticket desks are outside too - all selling taxi and minibus to various destinations. You cant miss it - very easy! You will be approached by several ppl asking where you are going - just tell them "minibus Patong" - they will direct you to where to by the ticket and wait for the minibus (or they wil leave you alone since you clearly do not want to take their overpriced taxi services).

A large suitcase is not a problem.

If you are more than 1 person, don't bother and take a taxi - the savings will be minimal when tickets are 180 BTH each.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you are more than 1 person, don't bother and take a taxi - the savings will be minimal when tickets are 180 BTH each.
Ah that's a good point.

Yeah, we'll be 2 people. We'll just take the car service then. I'm seeing prices quoted at 750 THB for a one-way journey. Over on the Thai Visa forum this service seems to come recommended. https://www.phuketshuttle.com/

Thanks for your input!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
+1 Strongly agree.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Not really cartel. Mafia.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/..._campaign=news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.