Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 22, 09, 11:09 pm   #1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge Access Jumping

I'm going to travel with 2 other passengers with no status.

Let's I first went to the C concourse lounge guested one person in. Then went to the C concourse lounge (the opposite side) then guested another one in. Then I'll have two people in different lounges. Would they even know?

Or should I hop on over to the SKL lounge and guest people in there .

I'm flying C the two other's are flying Y. I have *G as a point.
fumitani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 09, 6:44 pm   #2

Programs: TG*G
Ask politely and they may let you in with two guests. It will help if it is not a busy time.

I've never tried in BKK but it's worked for me in other *A lounges.
AirCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 09, 11:20 pm   #3

Programs: AC*E, UA Premier Gold, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumitani View Post
I'm going to travel with 2 other passengers with no status.

Let's I first went to the C concourse lounge guested one person in. Then went to the C concourse lounge (the opposite side) then guested another one in. Then I'll have two people in different lounges. Would they even know?

Or should I hop on over to the SKL lounge and guest people in there .

I'm flying C the two other's are flying Y. I have *G as a point.
I've done it before - deposited my brother in one lounge, then I went with my wife to another. I can't remember if it was in Suvarnabhumi or back in the old Don Mueang airport.
danielsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 09, 12:08 am   #4
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG/SVO Platinum, HGV/Hilton Gold, FB Gold, HSBC Premier
Wow, I have never thought of this. I will try next time I travel with more than one.

Every time they scan my boarding pass with their machine when checking in to the lounge, I thought they keep track of my usage (and my accompany guest). Not sure what is the point of scanning a pass then.
kiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 09, 2:42 am   #5

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, Royal Ambassador, HH Gold
I tried to do this a two years back at the old airport. Don't know how they know but they caught me out. I think it must be when they swipe the boarding pass of both the passengers.

It wasn't that I was taking in another person on purpose. Basically there were a few of us traveling and we had 3 hrs to waste. So I sat with a buddy for 30-45 mins and then decided to go duty free shopping. Then I went back to a different lounge with a different friend who was then refused admission as I had all ready taken in someone else.

I guess a way to get around this would to get one into TG lounge and the other one into a *A lounge.
onlysuites is online now   Reply With Quote