MUC - Which 744?

Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
MUC - Which 744?

Hi guys

I have the choice of an F redemption between BKK and MUC or BKK and ZRH. I know that ZRH gets the 346 which I am more than happy with, but which version of the 744 does MUC get - new config or old?

Thanks ^
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
HI,

TG924/925 are supposed to get the new Bizz class version (according to Thai airways Germany). However, equipment change seems to happen often in MUC or CDG (see my latest thread http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847036)

As somebody said, just cross your fingers...
Good luck
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
With ZRH you should be safe. With FRA even safer. MUC seems to get the old 7442s often.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
In May we had 7442 on the way to MUC and in June 346 on the way back to BKK.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I think I'll play safe and go with ZRH.

Thanks everyone ^
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily

Thanks everyone ^
A well educated choice^^

Cheers
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

Thanks everyone ^
It is safer, but far from 100%. For A340 maintenance reasons, or if they get too many pax to be accomodated in the A340 they might subsitute the old 7442.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi guys

... but which version of the 744 does MUC get - new config or old?

Thanks ^

Tiger_lily, welcome back to the TG board, don't tell me it's been 12 months, how are the family, I guess to old for the bassinet now unless you have.... no, you wouldn't have, but then maybe.

If you are using anything other than TG points, might I suggest you buy at your earliest opportunity, as I believe there are some announcements to be made, or if not made will be implemented to limit the number of redemptions.

CDG/FRA/ZRH/LHR have the 744/346, consistently whereas FCO/ATH/MAD appear to be every other day, MUC showing old config at the moment, although Christmas is a long way off and they haven't sold the 345 yet and there are new planes arriving. great to see your name on the board regards bkkrop

Last edited by BKKROP; Jul 25, 2008 at 2:24 am Reason: correction
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Hi BKKROP

I am good thanks, glad to be back. Yes I am looking at burning miles asap because of other changes afoot in my FFP too.

No I don't need a bassinet this year, junior is too big now. It seems pointless hanging onto miles which might become less valuable very soon.

Hope all is well with you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.