Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Anyone ?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
no stand-by upgrades for Award tickets!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
no stand-by upgrades for Award tickets!
Yep they seem to follow this quite strictly.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AC E50K, MM, BA, Delta, PriorityClub Platinum, Marriott Gold.
Can a Q class be standby upgrade on BKK-NRT? If so, what's the surcharge for this?

And how do I ask if I'm connecting from Phuket (doing HKT-BKK-NRT). Do I ask at Phuket or BKK. It maybe too late to ask at BKK as I only have just about an hour connection time.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by alexbc
Can a Q class be standby upgrade on BKK-NRT? If so, what's the surcharge for this?
Yes, you can do that. Not sure about the cost. BKK-FRA is 29,000, BKK-SYD is 21,000 so NRT could be 15,000? But that´s pure speculation.

Originally Posted by alexbc
And how do I ask if I'm connecting from Phuket (doing HKT-BKK-NRT). Do I ask at Phuket or BKK. It maybe too late to ask at BKK as I only have just about an hour connection time.
What I did years ago was requesting in HKT, they got BKK informed and I picked up my BP and paid at the next available Transfer counter on the way to the gate.

F.R.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question DPS

I cannot seem to find an updated list online. Would the cost of Y to C on the BKK-DPS route still cost USD$250?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:42 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I cannot seem to find an updated list online. Would the cost of Y to C on the BKK-DPS route still cost USD$250?
I’m wondering if the price is perhaps linked to the bucket. Last week I upgraded at the check-in counter for two flights on different sectors for about 1/3 of the price we have been accustomed to paying. Then one of those sectors this week was the normal price. I think I was in Y last week and Q or something this week.

UPDATE:
Ok, I guess maybe it was always that way?

Found this which says that it does depend on booking bucket:
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pla...y_airport.page

And that led to this list which is consistent with the prices quoted last week and this week:
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pla...obusiness.page
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I’m wondering if the price is perhaps linked to the bucket. Last week I upgraded at the check-in counter for two flights on different sectors for about 1/3 of the price we have been accustomed to paying. Then one of those sectors this week was the normal price. I think I was in Y last week and Q or something this week.

UPDATE:
Ok, I guess maybe it was always that way?

Found this which says that it does depend on booking bucket:
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pla...y_airport.page

And that led to this list which is consistent with the prices quoted last week and this week:
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/pla...obusiness.page

OMG such an old post you revived, thank you. I actually found that after posting but forgot to update.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:44 am

as per rumours costs for Stand-By Upgrade are going to be increased substantially...
does anbody know when and how much?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
as per rumours costs for Stand-By Upgrade are going to be increased substantially...
does anbody know when and how much?
Is this rumour? Or do you have advance confirmed knowledge?

They are already worse value than buying a J class ticket outright, both in terms of costs and also mileage earn remaining in original class. Cheers.
andyptrav likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:32 am

I learned about the rumour first by my friend in Switzerland, but meanwhile I managed to verify, that TG intends to increase stand-by Upgrade from Economy- to Biz-Class to 56,000 Baht (if ticketed in Q-class) for flights between Bangkok and Zurich (Vienna or Munich respectively), effective mid-November.

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Oct 15, 2019 at 8:52 am
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I learned about the rumour first by my friend in Switzerland, but meanwhile I managed to verify, that TG intends to increase stand-by Upgrade from Economy- to Biz-Class to 56,000 Baht (if ticketed in Q-class) for flights between Bangkok and Zurich (Vienna or Munich respectively), effective mid-November.
Thanks. Well, driving customers away surely will not help with their financial problems....
andyptrav likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Thanks. Well, driving customers away surely will not help with their financial problems....

Typically Thai though... “hmm revenues are down, our product isn’t competitive.. LETS CHARGE MORE.. make up the short fall.”

15 years working in and out of this country, I assure doing anything that makes sense or doesn’t directly and illegally profit them is simply not done.

I write this on arriving @BKK as the only passenger on the upper deck of a B747. The ONLY passenger. Interested to see the load on my connecting flight.
kittiyut and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:05 pm

I am flying TG911 next month and hoping to buy an upgrade to Biz.
Any idea how much that will cost?
Do I go to the ticketing counter?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:06 pm

TG911 is LHR-BKK 1230pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.