Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know amount of ROP Gold and Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know amount of ROP Gold and Platinum

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
You guys totally hijacked this to Thailand Elite.^^^^^

I would say depends since I believe majority of Gold or Plats (earned not gifted) are non Thai. Most Thais that I know either fly lowcost or something else. But I would guess domestic 0-1plat/6-10 gold, Asia 1-2/10-15, EU/AUS 3-4/15-20
sorry for hijacking!
your figures make sense
Old May 27, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sorry for hijacking!
your figures make sense
I was just joking.
My estimates are based more on guessing and lounge headcounts.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I was just joking.
My estimates are based more on guessing and lounge headcounts.
Lounge headcounts?
how do you differ
- in F Lounge between a Platinum flying Y and a non Status passenger flying F
- in J Lounge between a Gold member flying Y and a non Status passenger flying J on another *A airline
Old May 28, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Lounge headcounts?
how do you differ
- in F Lounge between a Platinum flying Y and a non Status passenger flying F
- in J Lounge between a Gold member flying Y and a non Status passenger flying J on another *A airline
Don't take it too seriously, its all a guess.
Lounge was part of factor for the domestic into BKK (no better way to spot for dom).
Also, can at least guess the minimum from EU/AUS where you might see a Thai person/family standout then again onboard in J, if not assume Gold/Plat in Y.

Can't really tell much at BKK just like you said.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:45 pm

Just read the 25th anniversary enewsletter from Thai regarding ROP. It states 3,500,000 total members worldwide. Unfortunately without figures supplied from Thai themselves all else is a guess. My experience out of Australia would be on average 2-3 Gold and I have no confirmed Platinum sightings.
Domestic in Thailand I have only ever seen 1 Platinum bag tag, but many Gold. To put this in perspective I flew more than 50 sectors on Thai in 2017 spread evenly between international and domestic.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:38 pm

Platinum bag tag? you mean the personal ones, not the one attached by the check in personnel?often I get a F tag (even there is no F on the flight), but domestic you only get a priority tag and there are usually dozens of others, much more then flying in J. so there must be a lot of Gold members
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:13 am

Sorry, I mean the plastic name tags that Thai give you when attaining gold or platinum status. And obviously not everyone would attach them to their bags and it is merely an observation on my part.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:36 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
So, as the total number of ROP members is 3.5m, then the number of Golds will be considerably less. 500,000 max would be my guess.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LPQ
So, as the total number of ROP members is 3.5m, then the number of Golds will be considerably less. 500,000 max would be my guess.
So, here we are, back again to this topic and I reckon my original numbers still hold true.......about 3,000-5,000 Platinum members, from >3,500,000 Gold members. Far be it from me to demean the achievement of my fellow travellers, but Gold in Thai ROP is like KrisFlyer Gold in Singapore Airlines.....the masses are in here.......you are nothing in Singapore Airlines, unless you are PPS, and the same applies to Thai. You get Royal Silk lounge access and that's it. If a Platinum member is waitlisted above you, you are in second place.

Same applies towards redemptions etc,. The problem is that Thai ROP is one of the easiest *A rewards programs to join, after Aegean, but unless you fly regularly in Business or First on TG metal, you will be part of the >3m Gold members with expectations far higher than reality will ever deliver!!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thaikwai,
I think the numbers estimated were 3.5m ROP total, not 3.5m ROP Golds...
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Thaikwai,
I think the numbers estimated were 3.5m ROP total, not 3.5m ROP Golds...
Apologies, yes, you are correct. I think its about 50,000 Golds, maybe 60,000
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
To know how many Gold or Plat on Biz or First on a certain flight, just go to galley and see the summary of all Biz / First passengers nicely written on a paper (not from manifest print out) with all necessary information for all eyes to see, or better, just ask FA
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BRK-B
Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
To know how many Gold or Plat on Biz or First on a certain flight, just go to galley and see the summary of all Biz / First passengers nicely written on a paper (not from manifest print out) with all necessary information for all eyes to see, or better, just ask FA
This is what I normally do to see if I'm the only *G in the entire cabin or not, by spying on a passenger list. TBH I usually found 1-2 TG*P pax on LHR flight.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:31 am

Another indicator is the volume of passengers using the dedicated *G checkin desk at BKK. Really, I never saw a queue there. In fact, 99% of the time you can walk straight up to the desk. So I would guess that many of the ROP golds are those who don't fly so much ( maybe get G through a CC and fly once in a while). Apart from the GUP and the half-price birthday award, there's nothing much to enjoy ( but those two make the program worthwhile....and it would be very attractive to have those benefits by acquiring points through CC spend).
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:30 am

Not that many

I regularly fly from Brussels to Bangkok on Thai. As I am ROP Gold for about 17 consecutive years now, invariably one of the flight attendants comes to great me personally. I have already asked how many Gold or Platinum members were on the same flight. On the last two flights I was the only one in C (there is no F on this flight). At least here on this route the number doesn’t seem to be very high. And you have a higher chance to have a Gold or Platinum member on a flight because by definition they fly more frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.