TG blocking window seats?

Old May 19, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
TG blocking window seats?

Does anyone travelling in Business Class notice this? or it is just me?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

You could be right. I am seeing bulkhead windows taken a lot-could be blocking. Most single travelers would take the aisle, especially on planes like the 787 where you have to step over your neighbor.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Does anyone travelling in Business Class notice this? or it is just me?
Aircraft type? Routes?

I agree that more seats are routinely blocked than I recall being the case. I noticed on the 772ER BKK-AKL for mid-Jan that the following were blocked (and appear to be routinely so):

11A/B, 11 J/K, 12E and 14E.

I made a request to the Gold desk for 14E to be unblocked and allocated to me. This was so that it could map into the 'honeymoon' seat if the 773/359 was brought into service on this route. Staff said it was not possible as 12E/14E are designated for wheelchair pax.

Downstairs on the 744 sees the following blocked:

22A/B, 23E/F, 24A/B, 24E, 25E - presumably for the same reasons (exit row and wheelchairs).

Window seats could be blocked if there is a HVC in the adjacent seat. I assume these all become available at T-24.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
A380 lhr-bkk
Old May 20, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Noppasit
A380 lhr-bkk
I looked at 10 random dates in Oct and Nov.
If window seats not available it seems mostly pax have allocated seats in window and/or E/F honeymoon seats.

The standard 'blocked' seats appear to be 11D/G, 12E, 14B/J, 25D/G.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.