Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROP silver

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

ROP silver

I Guess ROP silver is the easiest to achieve among all star alliance partners?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sqzulu
I Guess ROP silver is the easiest to achieve among all star alliance partners?
I am not sure too much attention is paid to *S - while there are some individual program benefits (and ROP isn't too bad IMHO), the benefits across Star Alliance seem weak to me.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I am not sure too much attention is paid to *S - while there are some individual program benefits (and ROP isn't too bad IMHO), the benefits across Star Alliance seem weak to me.
pretty useless isn't it?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
pretty useless isn't it?
The extra baggage allowance is nice. And my son earned enough AKL-BKK-NRT-BKK (Q economy) to make *S and then burn his miles on a lounge entry for him and his friend prior to the final sector BKK-AKL. Better than nothing!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Haha. That's quite a good idea actually. But can I confirm it just requires 10000 miles for a silver and it last for 2 years? Does rop miles expire?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Haha. That's quite a good idea actually. But can I confirm it just requires 10000 miles for a silver and it last for 2 years? Does rop miles expire?
yes, 10,000 qualifying miles in one year or 15,000 qualifying miles in two years. All ROP statuses (except Platinum) can keep miles for 3 years, platinum holders do not have an expiry date on miles.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Do they issue luggage tags, wanna collect them though. Yes I know silver is more or less useless
Old May 1, 2017, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do they issue luggage tags, wanna collect them though. Yes I know silver is more or less useless
Not that I can ever recall.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:27 am
Suspended

nope.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
i was never Silver...
Old May 7, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

I am a little confuse as to qualification for silver. What do they mean by 2 rolling months.

Would a 10000 miles immediately qualify for silver within a year?
Old May 7, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a little confuse as to qualification for silver. What do they mean by 2 rolling months.

Would a 10000 miles immediately qualify for silver within a year?
There are 2 ways to qualify, each of which is calculated monthly.

First is 10,000 in one year (calculated monthly); the second method is is 15,000 in two years (again calculated monthly).

In both cases the most recent flight is taken, and then either the previous 12 or 24 months is examined to see if either criteria is met to qualify.

In answer to your question - yes, 10000 within 12 months will qualify for Silver.

Attaining Silver Status:
This 2nd tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles, the miles earned with THAI and Star Alliance airlines, during 2 rolling month periods, 10,000 Qualifying miles during a 12 month period, or 15,000 Qualifying miles during a 24 month period. This is a system automated process whereby on the most recent activity all eligible flights are evaluated for the past 12 and 24 month periods. With each new activity, status is again evaluated during the past 12 and 24 months, ensuring that all eligible flights are counted for attaining Silver status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.