Search

SIN-BKK aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
SIN-BKK aircraft

Hi everyone,

I fly SIN-BKK regularly and just noticed that TG404 and TG410 has been changed from A359 to B773. Does anyone know whether this is a permanent change or just because they do not want their new fleet to be 'over-used' by the holiday crowd?

I have always been looking forward to the A359 flights previously...

Cheers,
qsharp
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I am flying over Easter in the other direction ex-BKK.

TG409 and TG404 are both (still) showing as A359. But who knows until I step aboard the aircraft.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I fly BKK SIN on TG for years up to 8 times per year and there have always been a lot of aircraft changes. I have probably on all types of aircraft on this route incl. A380, A340 and 787
So nothing is "permanent".
I have the impression that they use for this route the aircrafts that are availabe having planned the other routes...
And actually I do not care as it is less than 2 hours...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:35 am
Original Poster

I fly SIN-BKK on TG around 30 times per year since last year and was positively surprised when the old B772s and B773s were partially replaced with A350s (2/5 flights).

I agree that the flight is relatively short but the comfort I have in the new A350s, especially when bumped to J or occasionally booking J during peak periods it makes even more of a difference. The bulky seat cabins of the B773s are not really aesthetic to say the least and the worn-down interior simply is not inviting anymore...

But yeah, what am I even complaining about, huh?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by qsharp
I agree that the flight is relatively short but the comfort I have in the new A350s, especially when bumped to J or occasionally booking J during peak periods it makes even more of a difference. The bulky seat cabins of the B773s are not really aesthetic to say the least and the worn-down interior simply is not inviting anymore...

But yeah, what am I even complaining about, huh?
for BKK SIN the J seats of 772/773 are good enough for me with the exception of the middle seat of the 773. Do not Need really full flat seat for 2 hours
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:21 pm

404 has been changed to 747 today.

Anyone can shed light what will be the j class be like if they say 777-200/300
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sqzulu
404 has been changed to 747 today.

Anyone can shed light what will be the j class be like if they say 777-200/300
usually, it means you'll get the 777-200/200ER/300's with old angle-flat seats.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by BennyW
usually, it means you'll get the 777-200/200ER/300's with old angle-flat seats.
that is correct but you might get occasionally a 777-300ER or a soon to be upgraded 777-200ER with full flat seats.
But frankly speaking i would not care on this route as flight time is below 2 hours and service is exactly the same...
Old May 1, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BinSabai
But frankly speaking i would not care on this route as flight time is below 2 hours and service is exactly the same...
I second this. Very well said.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BinSabai
that is correct but you might get occasionally a 777-300ER or a soon to be upgraded 777-200ER with full flat seats.
I also wouldn't mind but word of warning, I once had to sit in the middle seat on the 777-300 since the cabin was full and late booking. my worse experience ever in J with two strangers being squished next to me.

Even if I'm travelling as a group of 3, I wouldn't book the 777-300 because having a middle seat in J is just a bad idea. The person in the middle would feel like being in Premium Economy or even Economy.

try to avoid that by booking in 77W or the 772's.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:17 am

I also wouldn't mind but word of warning, I once had to sit in the middle seat on the 777-300 since the cabin was full and late booking. my worse experience ever in J with two strangers being squished next to me.

Even if I'm travelling as a group of 3, I wouldn't book the 777-300 because having a middle seat in J is just a bad idea. The person in the middle would feel like being in Premium Economy or even Economy.

i was many times on the 777-300 but NEVER in the middle seat

agree with you, must be a terrible seat
Old May 1, 2017, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the middle J seat still has plenty of leg room and is surely better than a Y seat experience. IMHO it is in essence is no different to having a window seat with a stranger next to you.

Worst case would be a medium haul flight overnight and bing 'trapped by 2 early sleepers both sides.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
I was on TG404 for SIN-BKK and it was on a B747. Lucky enough to snatch the First Class seat (with J service) during seat selection However, service was so-so as no menu card was given and they ran out of the choice that I wanted.

Coming back, it was A359 on TG413 for BKK-SIN. Spanking new aircraft and I was asleep for the first hour. Touch screen menu and fully-flat bed. The only thing that I dislike was the shoulder strap-on.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
I was on TG404 for SIN-BKK and it was on a B747. Lucky enough to snatch the First Class seat (with J service) during seat selection However, service was so-so as no menu card was given and they ran out of the choice that I wanted.

Coming back, it was A359 on TG413 for BKK-SIN. Spanking new aircraft and I was asleep for the first hour. Touch screen menu and fully-flat bed. The only thing that I dislike was the shoulder strap-on.
service is usually so so on this route as they are under time pressure to do the J service
shoulder strap on is on all new full flat J seats (A359, 777-300ER, A380); just necessary during start and landing and Crews do not always enforce
Old May 28, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Lately they have been using a lot of the old 772 on most of the flights, which is quite disappointing. One consolation is the new SKL at BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.