Seats on 747 - 1AK or 2EF?

Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Seats on 747 - 1AK or 3EF?

Hello all!

Just a quick question.. I booked SYD-BKK-MUC and will be travelling with my wife on our honeymoon and would like to know if it would be better to reserve 1A/K or 3E/F. I understand that 1A/K have more privacy because they are in the far front but they do have like 2 meters in between them, while 3E/F are next to each other separated (on the 747s with the suites) with a "wall".

Is it true that 1A/K have less space than 3E/F? Also the "wall" between 3E/F is it possible to come down? I didn't manage to see a picture of it..

Thanks!

Last edited by MerNion; Apr 5, 2017 at 4:05 am Reason: 3E/F instead of 2E/F
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MerNion
Hello all!

Just a quick question.. I booked SYD-BKK-MUC and will be travelling with my wife on our honeymoon and would like to know if it would be better to reserve 1A/K or 2E/F. I understand that 1A/K have more privacy because they are in the far front but they do have like 2 meters in between them, while 2E/F are next to each other separated (on the 747s with the suites) with a "wall".

Is it true that 1A/K have less space than 2E/F? Also the "wall" between 2E/F is it possible to come down? I didn't manage to see a picture of it..

Thanks!
guess you are mixing things a bit up
the suites configuration has only ONE middle seat in row two but two middle seats in row 3
so 2E/F exists only on old configuration with single seats, not suites
the wall between the two middle seats 3E and F can be lowered as following Picture shows
https://cdn.seatguru.com/photos/show...photoversion=1
the isle seats have a bit more space at the side then the ones in the middle, but seating area is the same
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:49 am
Original Poster

You are right, i wanted to say 3EF and not 2EF. I edited the topic.

This picture is what I wanted! It looks nicer to be closer to each other but then again you might have people walking by you on the aisles and trolleys etc.. I think I will go for 1AK.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:34 am

if you would like to talk during flight, then 3EF are the seats to go for!
not much trafic in F, just a bit during meal service, but afterwards, it gets very quiet also in the 3. row...of course the most privacy you get in 1. row
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
For honeymoon, 3E/F. Once you've been married 20 years, 1A/K
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
For honeymoon, 3E/F. Once you've been married 20 years, 1A/K
some would prefer different flights after 20 years marriage!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
some would prefer different flights after 20 years marriage!
Some would prefer separate vacations
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:36 am

Some would prefer separate vacations
and over half are already separated anyway before they reach 20 years...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
1A/K by a mile.....its memorable to be seated at the very very front with 3 windows each and literally the whole row to yourselves!
both of the flights (TG476/472) are mostly daytime, you can dine together if you must and still enjoy being in your own little cocoon
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
1A/K by a mile.....its memorable to be seated at the very very front with 3 windows each and literally the whole row to yourselves!
both of the flights (TG476/472) are mostly daytime, you can dine together if you must and still enjoy being in your own little cocoon
+ 1 ^

And much better than being seated in row 3 with 2 Lav's behind p
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:11 pm

IME, most women don't care at all about this stuff. They care about sitting right next to their partner.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
IME, most women don't care at all about this stuff. They care about sitting right next to their partner.
choose economy instead! you'll be squeezed really close to each other, and shell be very very happy to sit right next to her partner!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:07 pm

choose economy instead! you'll be squeezed really close to each other, and shell be very very happy to sit right next to her partner!
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yes, I have given up upgrades before so we could sit together in Y.

There are more important things in life than sitting in F for a few hours.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:13 pm

There are more important things in life than sitting in F for a few hours.
I peremptorily disagree!
to sit with your wife in F is part of the 10 commandements of this board
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
In my opinion, 3EF are the best in F (747) for a couple. Anyway it's a very seclude, quiet cabin, and I never been bothered by toilet or galley (noise, circulation, ...).
But most of the time, those 2 seats are released very near the departure date (... I was told by TG, that they keep those seat for passenger with handicaped F passenger, "just in case" ??? !!!). But you can usually reserve those seats few days before departure, or at the check-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.